TV: Futurama revived again, this time by Hulu

Sep 19, 2008
The secret is that the 2nd reboot wasn't any good (the ones that were exclusively CC before Fry and Leela got married) and this doesn't seem to be no good either. Sad.

I mean I'm a fan but mostly earlier seasons. Everythign since then has been a drag.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
If they are more like the first I might. I did not vibe with the 2nd in anyway sadly.

I don't really care much for when Futurama tries to have an overaching plot. I don't really care much about Amy & Kiff romance just as i don't care about the Fry & Leela stuff. I feel that it eliminates a lot of space-related stuff for medicore romance subplots. My favorite Futurama was always the episodes where the crew goes to space and different planets.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
I've watched all 4 of the available, new episodes. I think it's consistent with the originals in theme & quality (no better or worse).
Just finished episode 4; it had a funny scene where Nibbler eats a smug Yale Law alum, and reduces him to a regurgitated hairball..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've watched all 4 of the available, new episodes. I think it's consistent with the originals in theme & quality (no better or worse).
Just finished episode 4; it had a funny scene where Nibbler eats a smug Yale Law alum, and reduces him to a regurgitated hairball..
Episode 4 felt more like it was picking up in quality but I can't say the new season overall has been consistent with the original seasons. At all. Maybe the first few episodes where it was still finding its timing and voice.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Episode 5 was quite good. Felt like an average episode during the peak Futurama days. Which is a compliment. Means it didn't feel outstanding but it was about where I want an episode of Futurama to be quality wise. The pacing issues seemed better, the tone seemed back on par, Fry's voice seemed normalized, the over arching premise was clever, most of the jokes were at least amusing.

I hope the rest of the season maintains or exceeds this quality.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Season has been almost unwatchable. Episode 5 was by far the best episode and it would be a vey mediocre one in an earlier season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad