OT: Futbol II

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

As an Arsenal fan I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I can't believe Wenger let this happen. You inserted the first refusal clause when he left for a reason. Regardless of other places in the squad that obviously need strengthening this team suffered from an overall lack of quality in depth. When Ramsey went down the entire team went down with him for the most part. Cesc can play any of the 3 central midfield roles if needed. Plus you let a challenger get better.

And I can't even route against him...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As an Arsenal fan I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I can't believe Wenger let this happen. You inserted the first refusal clause when he left for a reason. Regardless of other places in the squad that obviously need strengthening this team suffered from an overall lack of quality in depth. When Ramsey went down the entire team went down with him for the most part. Cesc can play any of the 3 central midfield roles if needed. Plus you let a challenger get better.

And I can't even route against him...

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I had a huge dislike for the guy when he left Arsenal (back when I was just getting back into English soccer). I thought it was handled poorly by him. That said, can't argue he's talented, hopefully motivated and certainly fills a need. I think Cesc probably refused to go back to Arsenal and maybe Wenger didn't want to deal with the mess.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
"Arsenal declined to exercise an option to buy back the former captain they sold to Barcelona three years ago but are due a sell-on fee which may end up being £2.5m."

The Guardian

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I think Cesc probably refused to go back to Arsenal and maybe Wenger didn't want to deal with the mess.

Not a chance he didn't want to go back. This was Wenger's decision not to spend that amount on an area he didn't need to strengthen. He needs a new right back and he needs an additional striking option. This is a player you make an exception for IMO though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad