Proposal: Fun Trade - NYR, NJD, NSH, FLA

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I know the Rangers will never make a big trade with the Devils. How is this trade?

NYR trade:

Zibby

NJ trade:

Devils get a number 1C, Hughes can focus on being a 2C. 3C or winger Hischier

NYR trade:

NSH trade:

NSH trades up for a big time winger. There is a big drop off in talent comparing 7 to 11. Rangers trade back because no C prospect might be available. Perfetti is the best bet but no guarantee.

NYR trade:

FLA trade:

In the end, the Rangers have

In this group, they draft 2 out of Lundell, Sanderson, Zary, Lapierre

In this group, draft Guhle, Mercer, Jarvis

In this group, draft Khusnutdinov, Perreault

The Rangers lack Top Centers (yes I know, they get worse by trading Zibby who’s a center.

They have future centers who can pan out

#11 - Lundell - C
#12 - Zary - C
#19 - Guhle - LD which is also a need
#23 - Khusnutdinov - C

Three Centers in the first round can help their biggest weakness in the long run.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Zibanejad only has 2 years left until UFA...

I can't see the Devils being remotely interested in moving the 7th pick for him

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Really stupid for the Rangers to trade their 1C for magic beans especially when they already need a 2c even with Zibby in the fold.

Especially when you consider they are getting Lafreniere. Adding him to a group with Zibby, Panarin, Kakko, etc. Yeah, it makes no sense to trade your stud number one centre right now.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
images

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
wait

so the Devils trade THREE top 20 1st round picks for Mika Zibanejad, then have to pay him big $$ In a year when they already have their top 2 centers of the future?
Makes no sense for either team. Rangers don't need more magic beans. Mika has two more years on his deal and he is a 1c. They have the 1OA and what should be a decent pick at around 22/23. Devils feel they have their two young centers.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
These aren't fun for NYR.

I don't get why NYR trades a center for a few 1st round picks, and then trades down their best 1st from the trade because no centers are available. I mean, maybe just keep the center in Zibanejad? But I guess it gets better, because we find a way to trade back up. This reminds me of playing NHL GM mode where you just keep trading pieces until you get what you want.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Counter offer that makes just as much sense. Rangers trade you marc staal and brendon smith. We get Hughes and your next 30 1st round picks no protection. Sounds just as logical to me as whatever garbage was in that OP.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Really stupid for the Rangers to trade their 1C for magic beans especially when they already need a 2c even with Zibby in the fold.
I don't understand why people keep saying we need a 2C. Strome was 21st in points for C's last season. He had 59 points. Tavares had 60. Barzal had 60. If they let him go, it will be a Stralman level mistake. We can probably get him to stay on a 5x5 without any movement clauses.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
How is everyone saying the rangers don’t do this when the devils have to give up THREE top 20 1sts for Zibinjad who only has 2 years left. Like wtf how drunk are you

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I know the Rangers will never make a big trade with the Devils. How is this trade?

NYR trade:

Zibby

NJ trade:

Devils get a number 1C, Hughes can focus on being a 2C. 3C or winger Hischier

NYR trade:

NSH trade:

NSH trades up for a big time winger. There is a big drop off in talent comparing 7 to 11. Rangers trade back because no C prospect might be available. Perfetti is the best bet but no guarantee.

NYR trade:

FLA trade:

In the end, the Rangers have

In this group, they draft 2 out of Lundell, Sanderson, Zary, Lapierre

In this group, draft Guhle, Mercer, Jarvis

In this group, draft Khusnutdinov, Perreault

The Rangers lack Top Centers (yes I know, they get worse by trading Zibby who’s a center.

They have future centers who can pan out

#11 - Lundell - C
#12 - Zary - C
#19 - Guhle - LD which is also a need
#23 - Khusnutdinov - C

Three Centers in the first round can help their biggest weakness in the long run.
giphy.gif

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
How is everyone saying the rangers don’t do this when the devils have to give up THREE top 20 1sts for Zibinjad who only has 2 years left. Like wtf how drunk are you
Because we don’t want to trade Zibanejad to our biggest rival for futures when we are exiting a rebuild. It’s bad for both teams.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Because we don’t want to trade Zibanejad to our biggest rival for futures when we are exiting a rebuild. It’s bad for both teams.
Dude I believe me I get that. But when have we ever seen anyone ever get traded for 3 firsts lmfao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad