Full Healthy Lineup and Lines

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Watching his highlights makes me excited about his potential.

We will see how it plays out... but the dudes got hands (he's top 3 for every shootout now, or should be) and a scoring touch. He knows and has played well with The Big Ritch, hopefully DK can mesh with them during camp.

The issue I have seen with him so far is that he does a TON of skating with his head down. The guy always seems to be looking at his skates, and seems to be in the line of fire quite a bit.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
The issue I have seen with him so far is that he does a TON of skating with his head down. The guy always seems to be looking at his skates, and seems to be in the line of fire quite a bit.

Definitely noticed that as well.... not sure if that's something that he can be coached out of. Reminded me of Backes a bit towards the end... every time on the ice I cringed because I thought was going to get his bell rocked.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Definitely noticed that as well.... not sure if that's something that he can be coached out of. Reminded me of Backes a bit towards the end... every time on the ice I cringed because I thought was going to get his bell rocked.
It's a bit dicey to me. He's been injury prone quite a bit already, but this is a god awful habit, especially come post season time.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It's a bit dicey to me. He's been injury prone quite a bit already, but this is a god awful habit, especially come post season time.

Agreed. I still like the trade even though it cost them a first round pick. Offloading Backes is invaluable especially with the cap situation the next few years. Hopefully Kase ends up being a great fit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think they're going to take Lauzon out of the lineup, especially not for John Moore. Lauzon was playing some seriously impressive hockey, IMO, and makes that team much more complete and consistent than that of Moore and Clifton.

Who do you think they'll bring to camp? I have 15 F and 8 D as locks.

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
Debrusk
N.Ritchie
Krejci
Kase
Coyle
Bjork
Nordstrom
Kuraly
Wagner
Blidh
Lindholm
Kuhlman

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Gryz
Lauzon
Moore
Clifton

I have 10 guys on the bubble. 5 guys with NHL experience, and 5 guys with relatively little.

Carey (104 GP)
Gaunce (118 GP)
B.Ritchie (271 GP)
Frederic (17 GP)
Studnicka (2 GP)
Senyshyn (6 GP)

Vaak (7 GP)
Zboril (2 GP)
Kampfer (214 GP)
Petrovic (269 GP)

3 of the 10 aren't going if T-camp limits are 30 skaters. Given the uniqueness of the situation, I wonder if they aren't better off leaning on the side of experience rather than leaning on the younger guys.

BruinsNetwork

Who do you think they'll bring to camp? I have 15 F and 8 D as locks.

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
Debrusk
N.Ritchie
Krejci
Kase
Coyle
Bjork
Nordstrom
Kuraly
Wagner
Blidh
Lindholm
Kuhlman

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Gryz
Lauzon
Moore
Clifton

I have 10 guys on the bubble. 5 guys with NHL experience, and 5 guys with relatively little.

Carey (104 GP)
Gaunce (118 GP)
B.Ritchie (271 GP)
Frederic (17 GP)
Studnicka (2 GP)
Senyshyn (6 GP)

Vaak (7 GP)
Zboril (2 GP)
Kampfer (214 GP)
Petrovic (269 GP)

3 of the 10 aren't going if T-camp limits are 30 skaters. Given the uniqueness of the situation, I wonder if they aren't better off leaning on the side of experience rather than leaning on the younger guys.

Lindholm, Kuhlman and Nordstrom can’t all play, but I think they can give you more than what Carey does, so I would personally rather see someone else. With that said, I doubt this organization leaves their veteran captain of their AHL club off the T-Camp roster. Even Blidh can probably give you more than what Carey does, which isn’t necessarily a jab at PC, but instead a praise of Blidh.

If it came down to it, guys like Carey and Blidh can’t be expected to contribute points and goals if called upon, but they can be expected to bring defense, grit, energy and grinding. Blidh does those things better than Carey at the next level, IMO.

Otherwise, I think you’re probably right. Frederic, Studnicka and Senyshyn will probably be there, but I could see Senyshyn getting the short end of the stick, unfortunately. Bruins have too many capable middle-six guys right now.

I’ve personally heard Cameron Hughes’ name throw around in the last week, so that would be another name to look out for. I would certainly have Studnicka, Frederic and Senyshyn if it were up to me. Though, like I said, even Kuhlman won’t be a regular in the lineup (probably should be) and there’s a numbers game at stake here.

Should be an exciting few weeks on the horizon.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lindholm, Kuhlman and Nordstrom can’t all play, but I think they can give you more than what Carey does, so I would personally rather see someone else. With that said, I doubt this organization leaves their veteran captain of their AHL club off the T-Camp roster. Even Blidh can probably give you more than what Carey does, which isn’t necessarily a jab at PC, but instead a praise of Blidh.

If it came down to it, guys like Carey and Blidh can’t be expected to contribute points and goals if called upon, but they can be expected to bring defense, grit, energy and grinding. Blidh does those things better than Carey at the next level, IMO.

Otherwise, I think you’re probably right. Frederic, Studnicka and Senyshyn will probably be there, but I could see Senyshyn getting the short end of the stick, unfortunately. Bruins have too many capable middle-six guys right now.

I’ve personally heard Cameron Hughes’ name throw around in the last week, so that would be another name to look out for. I would certainly have Studnicka, Frederic and Senyshyn if it were up to me. Though, like I said, even Kuhlman won’t be a regular in the lineup (probably should be) and there’s a numbers game at stake here.

Should be an exciting few weeks on the horizon.

I want Studnicka. Carey is likely there like you said.

I'm probably only taking one of Vaak/Zboril, one of Senyshyn/Frederic, and one of B.Ritchie/Gaunce. I can't discount the nearly 200+ NHL games each for Kampfer and Petrovic. It's a toss-up for me with Vaak/Zboril, I'd probably go Zboril as he's a bit older and has more pro experience.

I'd take B.Ritchie over Gaunce. Senyshyn vs. Frederic is a tough call, Frederic's ability to play center or LW probably decides it for me.

BruinsNetwork

I want Studnicka. Carey is likely there like you said.

I'm probably only taking one of Vaak/Zboril, one of Senyshyn/Frederic, and one of B.Ritchie/Gaunce. I can't discount the nearly 200+ NHL games each for Kampfer and Petrovic. It's a toss-up for me with Vaak/Zboril, I'd probably go Zboril as he's a bit older and has more pro experience.

I'd take B.Ritchie over Gaunce. Senyshyn vs. Frederic is a tough call, Frederic's ability to play center or LW probably decides it for me.

I'd rather have Zboril over Vaakanien right now, though I think Vaakanainen would surprise many in the NHL vs the AHL given his performance on big stages overseas.

I'm a Senyshyn guy, as you and everyone else knows, but I'm taking Frederic over him if need be. I think Senyshyn is a solid third-liner right now, but he'll provide speed, two-way play and potential points. Whereas Frederic can potentially offer the same, though less speed, but more physicality, grinding, center capabilities and fighting.

I would take Gaunce over B. Ritchie with legitimately zero consideration, hesitation or debating. He's just a far better player, IMO.

Kampfer is probably the guy they'd lean to first, outside of Moore and Clifton for defensive help. Which, given what we saw from him last year, I'd have no objections honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad