Kings Article: Frozen Royalty Audio – Rob Blake, Todd McLellan Interviews

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Due to a medical situation (don’t worry...everyone is fine) on Wednesday, April 17, I am unable to write the story that I originally intended to write about the Los Angeles Kings hiring Todd McLellan as their new head coach.

He had some very interesting comments, some of which I'm sure you've read by now. But while the live feed of the April 17 press conference aired remarks from general manager Rob Blake and from McLellan, both were also interviewed off-the-air by the local media.

You can listen to the audio of both of those interviews by clicking on...

Frozen Royalty Audio – Rob Blake, Todd McLellan Interviews

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
First and foremost, I hope you and the people effected by the medical issues are doing well.

Now onto the content, So far so good. Worrying that he relies so heavily on his past experiences with people rather than best person available.

Other take aways, Ilya and WD easily had a bad relationship.

Blake doesn't like that players aren't taking personal accountability. (drew and Tyler)

Lowry not returning, Marco is(happy to hear that he's returning).

Kings will most likely hold on to 5th overall.

Kings are going to continue to build an entertaining brand of hockey through Tmac.

BTW... "Volume shooting "... Terry Murray flash backs.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
My God... He called Kopitar "ahn-zee". Rookie year flashbacks... Lol a bit worrying he doesn't know how Kopitars name after all these years.

...when you were too busy getting dominated by 'Ahn-zee' in the post season, the last thing you care about is learning how to pronounce his name correctly.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
...when you were too busy getting dominated by 'Ahn-zee' in the post season, the last thing you care about is learning how to pronounce his name correctly.

To he honest if you're getting dominated by that Slovakian fellow Ahnzee itd be nearly impossible to get his name out of your head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad