From an outsider

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I really like the team you guys have put together. Phil Kessel has always been one of my favorite players, and is currently my favorite non Dallas/TB player. I really enjoyed having him and JVR on Team USA. Phaneuf has also always been one of my favorite defensemen. When neither of my teams made the playoffs last year and I thought of which team in the playoffs I'd like to see win the cup the most, the answer was the Leafs.

Best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
tumblr_lf3hoxLY4A1qesc3io1_500.gif

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Much appreciated.

We're pretty used to getting negative criticism towards our team so positive critics are always welcome.

mikebel111*

Thanks for the great comments! Good luck to ur team except against us

Oilers fan 97

Feb 24, 2014
Cranbrook
Nice to see another person away from Toronto not hating on the Leafs! They're my second favourite team (behind my hometown Flames). Go Leafs Go!

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
Compliments.... feels.. weird?

Thanks Stars and Bolts! Your teams are two that I see putting their line ups together in the right way with the right elements too. Good luck, just not against us! :D

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I think Kessel and Phaneuf are starting to gain a lot more fans around the league (or at least less haters :sarcasm: )

Kessel has rounded out his game and Phaneuf is finally not being called the next Pronger/perennial Norris contender (actually that hasnt happened for like 5 years, but the hate has definitely lagged for a while).

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I for once like to see Lightning win because Stammer is there. I don`t think leafs can ever win a cup with a coach like Carlyle. I have had enough of him, even with a team this strong it is being outplayed every single night by underdogs like Buffalo, Florida, NYI.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I for once like to see Lightning win because Stammer is there. I don`t think leafs can ever win a cup with a coach like Carlyle. I have had enough of him, even with a team this strong it is being outplayed every single night by underdogs like Buffalo, Florida, NYI.

Yeah, Carlyle will never be a Cup winning coach.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully we'll give you something good to cheer for in the playoffs this year!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
So rare to get any sort of positive feedback from anyone not on the Leafs pages here, largely because our fanbase isn't the friendliest.

Thanks tho! Great comment.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
OP's new username: Leafs, Stars and Bolts :sarcasm:

StarLeaf McLightning

Haha creative usernames. :)

So rare to get any sort of positive feedback from anyone not on the Leafs pages here, largely because our fanbase isn't the friendliest.

Thanks tho! Great comment.

I've seen a few of you surprised that an outsider praised the Leafs, but I personally never understood why your team and fanbase is hated so much. Even more puzzling is that you guys appear to be more hated than the Habs, who IMO have the most obnoxious fanbase in the NHL.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I've seen a few of you surprised that an outsider praised the Leafs, but I personally never understood why your team and fanbase is hated so much. Even more puzzling is that you guys appear to be more hated than the Habs, who IMO have the most obnoxious fanbase in the NHL.
I think the reason why the Leafs or Leafs fans are hated is because the media we attention we get. For example there is the TSN joke where others like to call it the Toronto Sports Network.

Also a few years ago a Canucks fan once said when they signed Pavol Demitra why wasn't that the top story on TSN Sportscentre, because a week before they started with the Leafs trading for Mikhail Grabovski from Montreal. The reason why that was big news is because you hardly see a trade between the Leafs and Canadiens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad