From 2000 -> only 6 Stanley Cups for the Original Six teams - which OS team will win next?

Which Original Six team wins the Stanley Cup next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I went with Detroit. Boston is regressing. I don’t like NYR cap situation as I feel panarin and trouba are both overpaid. Zibanejad is having his worst goal output of his career after signing his retirement contract..shocker! Toronto is a good regular season team unfortunately that doesn’t win cups. Detroit will be a contender very very soon and has the best GM in the nhl. Anaheim future looked pretty bleak last year but drafting and developement with terry and zegras have expedite things, I see Detroit making the same quick progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto has the best chance as of right now but ask any Leafs fan if they're confident in it after the recent playoff performance's and most will say no, including myself. Hopeful, but very very very cautiously optimistic.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Of the 6 teams, 4 of them winning the next cup would be with rosters/coaches/gm that currently aren't there, so it's too cloudy.

NYR/TOR are playoff teams so I'd pick NYR if I had to, but I don't think they will if I had to bet money. Toronto isn't even worth thinking about winning a cup. Seen them fail too many times and don't believe in them for a second.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think it's between Toronto and NYR. Going to lean on NYR personally because of Fox.

Detroit is a bit off, but once Seider/Raymond reach their peaks it's very possible.
Habs I think had the run of a lifetime and now it's time to suffer for a while.
Chicago aswell as Boston I think will be the Buffalo/Detroit/Ottawa of past seasons. Bad signings and aging core, also no signs of slowing down when trading picks/young guns which is a final nail in the coffin IMO.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Picked detroit. they all have about the same chance, as the playoffs are a gong show of luck.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Toronto has the best current odds. NYR may pass them once more young guys continue to step up. The other 4 have a lot of work to do.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
And 32 teams, with only half qualifying for the playoffs. The count could easily be higher based on the number of SCF appearances.

Chicago - 3
Detroit - 3
Boston - 3
NYR - 1
Montreal - 1

That's 11 SCF appearances in 20 years.

So they've got 6 Cup wins in 11 finals appearances? That's over %50! They're winning the majority of the time, when they have the chance.

You expect better than that?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So they've got 6 Cup wins in 11 finals appearances? That's over %50! They're winning the majority of the time, when they have the chance.

You expect better than that?

I don’t expect better but the count is already very high and it could’ve been even higher. O6 teams have been successful this century so far, except for Toronto.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Who has the best chance now? Toronto

will they do it? Ehhhhhhh

Pretty much lol. They have the best shot, but even as a Leafs fan I'm not sold that they'll do it. Hoping for the best though ! If the Leafs don't win it, I expect the Rangers to win the cup sometime during Fox's tenure there. He's way too good to not win.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

UED

May 2, 2021
Picked detroit. they all have about the same chance, as the playoffs are a gong show of luck.
How come the same teams always win then? 2009-2017 was 3 teams with the 1 Bruins win, 1995-2003 was 3 teams with the 1 Dallas win, now Tampa won 2 straight and might win a 3rd, and before those was dynasty after dynasty.
I agree with the Detroit pick though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad