Frolik vs. Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Whos is the better player, and why? Player comparisons. It seems Kessel has jumped over him for top billing in 06'. Is this warranted? Kessel looks amazing, but the one time I saw Frolik he looked like a great player as well. What types of players can they become?

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
I think Kessel is more spectacular. He's a rocket and he have a heck of a shot! Frolik has better hands and he's better on one on one situations. I like to compare Kessel to Pavel Bure, but I don't know wich NHL player can be compare to Frolik..

A question on the same draft. Will you take Toews or Little first? I think the draft ordre for now is about unanimus...

1- Kessel
2- Frolik
3- Juenssu
4- Mueller
5- Toews or Little? or maybe Vasujnev?

Captain Leaf

Ide take Kessell in a heartbeat .
he does it all and at high speed ..lotsa heart , guts ..heck hes almost canadian!!!! ;)

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
I would take Frolik, I've seen more and better play of him (though still not very much). Not to take anything away from Kessel, the one time I saw him play I was still very impressed. I think Frolik has a higher ceiling but a lower likelihood of reaching it.

Captain Leaf

All i know about Frolik is what i saw at the WJC...Zippo :biglaugh:
Kessell was dynamic .

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Captain Leaf said:
All i know about Frolik is what i saw at the WJC...Zippo :biglaugh:
Kessell was dynamic .

Apparently you didn't watch that tournament verry closely. Frolik was excellent, hell even Homer Mcguire took notice of him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Epsilon said:
Apparently you didn't watch that tournament verry closely. Frolik was excellent, hell even Homer Mcguire took notice of him.

He could have been talking about the U18s where Kessel was considerably better than Frolik.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
RandomCanuckFan said:
I would take Frolik, I've seen more and better play of him (though still not very much). Not to take anything away from Kessel, the one time I saw him play I was still very impressed. I think Frolik has a higher ceiling but a lower likelihood of reaching it.

So you're basing your opinion on a limited viewing of Frolik and an even more limited viewing of Kessel (who you've only seen once)? Interesting......... :sarcasm:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The general consensus (around here at least) seemed to be that Frolik was the #1 prospect for 2006. Then the U-18 tournament came along and Kessel was absolutely phenomenal and surpassed Frolik. Pierre McGuire constantly spoke of Kessel as having "the speed of Pat Lafontaine and the release of Brett Hull."

In my limited viewings of Frolik, he has some serious skill and dangle but doesn't always show up.

espo*

From what i've seen (worlds and under 18's) ......Kessel.He's gong to be a major star.I liked frolik too but.....................kessel,yes sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad