Confirmed with Link: Frolik to WPG

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Maybe dead money would be a better description.

8 years into the cap and I think it's still easy for many of us to lose sight that a conversation about a player always has to factor in their cap hit, not just what they do and what they bring as a hockey player.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I dont mind this move, but they better be using the space if they are trading both Frolik and Bolland. I like the return here though.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Have you guys been happy with Oduya?

He assisted on the cup winning goal, you better trade him fast.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
Have you guys been happy with Oduya?

He assisted on the cup winning goal, you better trade him fast.

Merp derp!

8HArjvb.gif

Oduya's fine. He's not a world beater and is slightly overpaid, but the team could do a lot worse.

SLarmer28*

The Chicago Blackhawks could sign Boyd Gordon in unrestricted free agency for approximately $1 million less per season than Michael Frolik.

Kvasar

Apr 15, 2013
Losing Fro is the only move that really bothers me about draft day. I'm sad about Bolland, he will always me one of my all-time favorite Hawks, but the move made sense at least.

Frolik brought it every day, every shift, accepted his role and excelled in it. Those kind of guys don't grow on trees...

I hate this trade...

EdgeR44

Jan 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
You always hate to see the players you won with (twice in the case of Bolland) go.

Frolik was big for us but two main points here:

1) The cap going down as well as contract limitations by the new CBA made it that top players will be paid more and bottom players will be paid less, just the simple logical direction that would go and Frolik was being overpaid for a bottom player.

2) If this year's repeat showed us anything is that depth players can always be replaced. Identify the core and replace the depth players is pretty much what teams need to do these times in the NHL to be successful. Who woulda thought that we would win again so soon without Byfuglien, Ladd and Campbell, all extremely important players and the stars of the teams they are on now?

I know I didn't yet look where we are now; the Stanley Cup Champions.

I hate to see Frolik and Bolland go, Bolland was my favorite player during the dark, dark times in which Tuomo Ruutu was our "franchise" player but that's the reality of it and they will be replaced.

Two-thirds of our SC winning goal are gone; only means it is time to find new heroes to do it next time.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I wonder if the Jets are going to make a pass at Stalberg. I'd be pretty positive we'd get a scouting report from Frolik. Bowman and Chevy seem to be on pretty good terms as well, no doubt Bowman gave him the heads up. Reading reports on this board doesn't impress me too much.

Even though we picked up Frolik, we still need another middle 6 RW.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Oduya is fine. He is what he is and he seems to have some chemistry with whoever he is paired with. Guy isn't overpaid and was well worth those 2 picks

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I wonder if the Jets are going to make a pass at Stalberg. I'd be pretty positive we'd get a scouting report from Frolik. Bowman and Chevy seem to be on pretty good terms as well, no doubt Bowman gave him the heads up. Reading reports on this board doesn't impress me too much.

Even though we picked up Frolik, we still need another middle 6 RW.

Stalberg would look great on the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad