Podcast (Audio) Friedman's 32 Thoughts for 3/14/22

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Comment that the vets really like the kids, that "they have their heads screwed on straight".

Talks about Anderson and Okposo being demanding guys in their own way and they're holding people to account.

Anderson thinks they have the right guys in the room, people who are interested in team success and playing for one another.

EF - Press and pundits are looking at Buffalo very differently than they were a couple weeks ago.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Comment that the vets really like the kids, that "they have their heads screwed on straight".

Talks about Anderson and Okposo being demanding guys in their own way and they're holding people to account.

Anderson thinks they have the right guys in the room, people who are interested in team success and playing for one another.

EF - Press and pundits are looking at Buffalo very differently than they were a couple weeks ago.
No turning corners. Just another step on the spiral staircase

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

For as much shit as people still give to ownership, we're even seeing signs of improvement at the executive level as well. They used to get even the simplest details wrong, they were a complete joke. Now on the other hand, we're seeing things like:
  • Hiring qualified executives and an actual analytics department
  • Hiring Batres-Landaeta as VP of ticket sales seems like a high quality hire
  • Social media promo videos for the young players - helping to attach personalities to these kids - in years past I'd hear interviews and think who the f*** was that that was just speaking, now I'm really starting to get to know voices and personalities. It's refreshing to feel attached to guys again.
  • The Anderson 300 tribute video
  • Bringing along all of the team for the outdoor game, including the guys on IR
  • The tribute video for Eichel was a tricky situation that they navigated very well
They still have a long way to go with the arena maintenance and game day presentation, as well as the medical/training department, but...

I'm tellin ya Chain, it's not going to be all smooth sailing from here on out, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, both on and off the ice

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
For as much shit as people still give to ownership, we're even seeing signs of improvement at the executive level as well. They used to get even the simplest details wrong, they were a complete joke. Now on the other hand, we're seeing things like:
  • Hiring qualified executives and an actual analytics department
  • Hiring Batres-Landaeta as VP of ticket sales seems like a high quality hire
  • Social media promo videos for the young players - helping to attach personalities to these kids - in years past I'd hear interviews and think who the f*** was that that was just speaking, now I'm really starting to get to know voices and personalities. It's refreshing to feel attached to guys again.
  • The Anderson 300 tribute video
  • Bringing along all of the team for the outdoor game, including the guys on IR
  • The tribute video for Eichel was a tricky situation that they navigated very well
They still have a long way to go with the arena maintenance and game day presentation, as well as the medical/training department, but...

I'm tellin ya Chain, it's not going to be all smooth sailing from here on out, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, both on and off the ice
Terry and Kim have an image to rehab after the whole Eichel affair.

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
It's a little disappointing that the Sabres have two decent RD on the trade market and it's looking to be a buyer's market. I wouldn't hate to see more trades structured the way the Manson deal was with prospects being involved as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It's a little disappointing that the Sabres have two decent RD on the trade market and it's looking to be a buyer's market. I wouldn't hate to see more trades structured the way the Manson deal was with prospects being involved as well.

i don’t see it a buyers market.

there are more buyers than sellers.

most peop,e don’t start buying till Friday…then the stuff happens.

Anaheim wanted a closer to nhl ready player player in development than a pick. The player Anaheim acquired was a college RD in year 3. He could get signed after ncaa season is over. Anaheims ask was likeky getting back a young RD.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
EF mentioned that he heard Toronto and Colorado were talking to each other.

I'm going to take a guess:

Colorado trades for MAF and then trades Kuemper to Toronto.

Toronto may need to move one of their goaltenders.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Colorado and Toronto would have to do some serious cap gymnastics to make those moves work.

Reactions: Ehran

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

But why would Colorado trade Kuemper? He is their starter and he has been good this season.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Are you saying mom’s can’t be hot? Or that they can’t do pinup calendars?
I think technically she's only a mom of 3

milf.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad