[Friedman] Pittsburgh hires Kyle Dubas as President of Hockey Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Smart guy.

He took a team who lost in the first round 3 consecutive years before he was GM and traded 3 1st round picks only to lose in the first round 7 consecutive years. He then doubled down and traded another 2 1st round picks in his final year for a second round exit.

He's never proven any success at the NHL level - and now never has to because he's not the GM.

There's very few people who can obtain a high level position with zero results, Dubas seems to be one of them.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is starting to make way more sense.
I have no doubt in my mind, with absolutely zero proof, the Penguins basically hinted this to him which shifted dubas from staying in Toronto to going to pens.

Just a thought

Last edited:

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I think it’s a decent hire for Pittsburgh, Dubas for all his flaws seems to be good at augmenting a team’s core. But Pittsburgh’s core hasn’t carried the mail any better than Torontos core in the past few years, so not sure how much improvement to expect, nor why Dubas took the job if more promising teams were offering him employment

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What has he done to earn president of hockey ops?

Ridiculous.

So will he be making the decisions or whoever the GM is. Assuming he isn't the gm.
Lmao

Dubas is an incredibly intelligent individual, I would absolutely die to have him as our president of Hockey operations.

Instead, we have old ass Rutherford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad