Jun 11, 2022
He’s expecting up to 2 Preds D-Men to move before the deadline:

The options:

- Barrie
-Carrier
-Fabbro

Submit your offers, Gentlemen
To NSH
3 first first round picks ('24, *'26, '27)

*conditional if sent to Robidas Island the pick becomes a 3rd in 26

To TOR
Barrie
Carrier
Fabbro

;)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Is Lauzon available?
Doubtful, coaches seem to like him. They don't seem to like Fabbro, inexplicably (neither did Hynes outside the season he partnered Josi), Carrier is oft-injured, and Barrie is being an entitled baby, so I agree these seem the 3 likely to be available, if there's any legs to the rumor.

Reactions: G Backup

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Always had a soft spot for Fabbro
Longer Runway to develop as d-man in Boston

good underlying defensive numbers
allows other-men to play their game
still young

what would he cost like a $3.5X4.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Barrie is so bad defensively can't see why a contender would acquire him

Fabbro seems like that pickup the smartest teams make. Not reaching his potential on his drafted team, but you place him into a 3rd pair role on a deep, talented team and he turns into a rock solid role player at a good price that is just entering his prime.

Doubt Nashville gets a 1st for him but a 2nd + something is probably a really smart bit achievable move to make for a win now team.

Jets and Preds made a deal for Nino last year, maybe us paying the piper to get Fabbro and dump Schmidt's extra year could work? Maybe that's getting greedy...

I'd rather spend a 1st to get a solid role player that you have a chance to sign long term (if it works) and dump a bad contract to a team that can take it on if it's worth it for them. As oppose to dropping at 1st + on Lindholm or Tanev for 25 games.

Preds fans feel free to call me clueless if I am, just thinking and dreaming out loud at the same time :laugh:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Canucks would probably be interested in Fabbro at a modest price if he can play the right side. 3rd + Klimovich?

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I don't know prices or whatever but I just know that at no point in his career from draft until now has Fabbro not made sense for the Canucks to acquire. He has seemed destined for the Canucks in one way or another for too long

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Obviously the Preds would trade Barrie … if they could. But as he may have zero/negative value there really isn’t much incentive.

I don’t think they’ll trade Carrier, they seem to like him, he’ll probably be extended.

I imagine they’ll eventually grant Fabbro a chance elsewhere with a trade. Which I think is a mistake since he’s the best RD on our team already, and would be a smart pickup for a team that is ready to give him a bigger role and allow him to flourish.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Sharks would probably be interested in Fabbro for the right price. I've seen Bordeleau + a 2nd for Fabbro being suggested on the Sharks boards.

Reactions: Hodge

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Sharks would probably be interested in Fabbro for the right price. I've seen Bordeleau + a 2nd for Fabbro being suggested on the Sharks boards.
FWIW Bordeleau’s dad works for the Preds as a skills coach. If any org can unlock his potential it’s Nashville. I’d be very interested in NJ 2nd + Bordeleau for Fabbro. If the Devils make the ECF and the pick converts to a 1st, Nashville can have SJ’s 2025 2nd instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad