GDT: Friday in Minnesota: Flames at Wild. 6PM MT SNW

May 23, 2007
Calgary
8-The-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower-quotes.gif

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I have nothing against being a confident player but Johnny has tried to be too pretty a lot lately. Just make the simple play sometimes.

I agree. He's a small player, we all know that. But the smart compete jam from that line either can't compete in major games or they're too soft and small. It sucks to say that.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
I have nothing against being a confident player but Johnny has tried to be too pretty a lot lately. Just make the simple play sometimes.

Agreed. He's playing not the greatest like he was before his 5-6 game hot streak a couple of games ago. Top line is a bit of a funk, hopefully things change next game.

Damn, disappointing though

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Today's inspirational message:

We still haven't conceded a goal with a pulled goalie

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

Tarasenko does the same chop suey, and johnny is younger! They will learn

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Not sure why, but to me it felt like we were competing hard all game. Not every failure can be explained by lack of effort.

This is what I'm scared about. I'm not sure this can be corrected in future years. It's felt like against both Dallas and now Minny that the first line is lacking more than just skill and effort. I hate to use the size factor, but it feels like this is it.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think Johnny's size or lack thereof, had anything to do his play tonight. Lots of our players were ineffective, credit the Wild for the game they played.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Some people here are looking at our 8 game skid as the reason we probably won't make it, but I'd argue it was the turning point of our season: the away game at Colorado this month. This is where the cracks started showing and where things began falling apart

May 27, 2012
Earth
Some people here are looking at our 8 game skid as the reason we probably won't make it, but I'd argue it was the turning point of our season: the away game at Colorado this month. This is where the cracks started showing and where things began falling apart

I would argue the Giordano injury was our turning point.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't think Johnny's size or lack thereof, had anything to do his play tonight. Lots of our players were ineffective, credit the Wild for the game they played.

Well . . . I'm not sure. Against top-tier talent of fast bigger players I'm not sure. Dallas is an extemely talented team and outside of the Gaudreau 1 goal, that line appeared somewhat neutralized. Tonight felt similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad