GDT: Friday in Minnesota: Flames at Wild. 6PM MT SNW

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It's not exactly small; Colborne is huge (albeit crap at using his size), and Stajan/Bouma/Jooris are all 6'1. Byron is small but he's probably the most physical forward on the team outside of Bouma.

Not small per se, but look at last year with having Grats and Westgarth, it was a different team. Now I'm not suggesting we need those guys, but more size and more team toughness. I think that with Ferland and Wolf that it's coming, throw in Bouma, well now we have some bangers who can play, even Emile will get there. I like Bollig, but I don't think he's consistently making an impact each shift. Right now one of the main things I don't like with our team is that I think at times we play a little too soft, I'd like a lineup that has a little more teeth and intimidation to it.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Canucks fan here....was really hoping the Flames would take it tonight. It would be amazing to see three Canadian teams in the playoffs and the bonus is that L.A. would be golfing....bliss..... All three Canadian teams would be the under-dogs but I could honestly cheer for any of them since they are all showing a lot of grit and resolve after being written off this year.

Yes deep down I hate Calgary since that is how we B.C. people are bred, but if they are playing anyone but the Canucks I will cheer on the inside if you win....just don't tell anyone ok?

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Canuck fan here as well hoping for a series between us.

I have a question, a lot of Flames fans are saying this is the most exciting season since 2004. What about 2006 when you won the division? How does that compare? Was the team not as exciting then?

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Good game guys, I'm really excited for your future. Flames make good progress and have such great young players. You're going to be great in the coming years. May you beat the Oilers every time you meet them.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Canuck fan here as well hoping for a series between us.

I have a question, a lot of Flames fans are saying this is the most exciting season since 2004. What about 2006 when you won the division? How does that compare? Was the team not as exciting then?

Ever watch paint dry?
I think we were something like the 28th highest scoring team; and had the #1 goals against (I think we let in all of 200 goals that season). Let's just say there were some real barn burners against the Wild that season... And we played them every third game it seemed.

While it was an exciting time; the season wasn't captivating like this one is currently. Also it's that underdog thing, the 04 Flames had no business getting to the final; there were no real names on that team outside of Iggy (this was Kipper's coming out). Similar to this current team: this Calgary Flames team has absolutely no business fighting for a playoff spot; you look at the teams around them on paper.., and they don't stack up one bit... But they're going for it; and I think that's why we love them.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Ever watch paint dry?
I think we were something like the 28th highest scoring team; and had the #1 goals against (I think we let in all of 200 goals that season). Let's just say there were some real barn burners against the Wild that season... And we played them every third game it seemed.

While it was an exciting time; the season wasn't captivating like this one is currently. Also it's that underdog thing, the 04 Flames had no business getting to the final; there were no real names on that team outside of Iggy (this was Kipper's coming out). Similar to this current team: this Calgary Flames team has absolutely no business fighting for a playoff spot; you look at the teams around them on paper.., and they don't stack up one bit... But they're going for it; and I think that's why we love them.

Yeah I remember that, the schedule format back then was 8 games against division opponents. I remember we played the Oilers 3 times in 6 days or some odd thing.

Same thing for us in 07, we won the division but the AV system was atrociously boring.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I have a question, a lot of Flames fans are saying this is the most exciting season since 2004. What about 2006 when you won the division?

2006 was like your guys' 2012 season where you won the division. It was bittersweet because we had just been to Game 7 of the cup final. We probably spent too much of the season looking ahead to the playoffs, as well as nervously wondering if the roster changes would retain the magic of the last playoff run.

Phaneuf's rookie campaign was probably the highlight of that season, and obviously everyone was happy and excited but the division-winning was simply meeting expectations, not exceeding them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad