Friday can't get here soon enough

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
I realize there is plenty going on, the World Cup, tons of doom and gloom over that late goal we gave up vs. Portugal, the NBA draft (boring), 38 more threads on how Buffalo should trade Myers to Edmonton for the revenue from the West Edmonton Mall and the third pick, but seriously can Friday just get here?

My wife went out of town this morning and won't be back until Thursday evening, so I want Friday here even faster, not just because of the draft and any possible trades but man, my three kids are gonna drive me crazy if keep acting like they have been today.

Therefore, if any of you know how to speed up the space time continuum, you have my permission to do so!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I realize there is plenty going on, the World Cup, tons of doom and gloom over that late goal we gave up vs. Portugal, the NBA draft (boring), 38 more threads on how Buffalo should trade Myers to Edmonton for the revenue from the West Edmonton Mall and the third pick, but seriously can Friday just get here?

My wife went out of town this morning and won't be back until Thursday evening, so I want Friday here even faster, not just because of the draft and any possible trades but man, my three kids are gonna drive me crazy if keep acting like they have been today.

Therefore, if any of you know how to speed up the space time continuum, you have my permission to do so!

30hqzgl.jpg

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
A few months ago, I saved a Be A GM mode on NHL 14 where I tanked the season and saved right up to the draft (even coincidentally lost the lottery to Florida for good measure). So whenever I get to feeling this way, I just boot up that file, start the draft and go bonkers. I have drafted Samson Reinhart 2nd overall (because Florida are an obedient little puppy and take Ekblad like they should) no less than 20 times since January. On top of that, I typically wind up with Bennett in the late first, Goldobin, Brendan Lemieux, Mason McDonald, and Julius Honka in the 4th Round. Hire me, Tim Murray :)

EDIT: NHL 14. Had initially said NHL 15, but I am not from the future.

SabresFuture

Apr 21, 2014
Reston, VA

You're telling me. I'm going to the draft and Friday at 3 (when my train leaves) can't get here soon enough!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am really interested in the NBA draft because I'm a Sixers fan and they have 3, 10, 32, 39, 47, 52, and 54.

This is mega draft week for me.

:laugh:

My GF is not into it. She is still annoyed at how into US-Portugal I was last night.

:naughty:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I am really interested in the NBA draft because I'm a Sixers fan and they have 3, 10, 32, 39, 47, 52, and 54.

My GF is not into it. She is still annoyed at how into US-Portugal I was last night.

I was pulling for the Sixers to win the lotto even though I'm a Knicks fan. The Igoudala for Bynum trade was horrible from day one -- a rather Knicksian trade to be honest, but I like everything they've done since then to start from scratch. I think Noel is going to be a very good player, and having him sit out the year was a shrewd move for both his future and the Sixers'.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
NBA draft is horrible.

I've pretty much given up on the NBA....and basketball is by far my favorite sport.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
And I thought he was a "beer" drinker!!!

Saturday morning I leave for a week at Sandals in Jamaica....Amy already has been told it's a draft party at my house!!!!!

Then off for some fun in the sun!!!!!

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I was pulling for the Sixers to win the lotto even though I'm a Knicks fan. The Igoudala for Bynum trade was horrible from day one -- a rather Knicksian trade to be honest, but I like everything they've done since then to start from scratch. I think Noel is going to be a very good player, and having him sit out the year was a shrewd move for both his future and the Sixers'.

The Knicks might have to go down a Sixers-type path if Carmelo leaves. This could bring this team back down to Isaiah Thomas/Eddy Curry levels.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sixers drafted and sat Noel all year, right?

Yes. He wouldn't have been able to go at the beginning of the year anyhow so they shut him down for the full season to be safe, and it also helped them be more terrible.

Technically, the Sixers traded for Noel and then he sat out the season to rehab his torn up knee.

He could have played the last few games, but they took the safe route and aided their tank.

He is going to play on their summer league team.

The interesting thing is will the Sixers do it again with Joel Embiid having a stress fracture in his foot? If he falls to 3, I hope they roll the dice on him.

Embiid and Noel at 4 & 5 would be sick. It's better than taking Exum when MCW just won ROTY.

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL

Im sorry to say this but it may be time to replace that girlfriend with an updated model. :naughty:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I guess I'm in the minority, but I just can't get into the World Cup. People say the games have been exciting, but every time I try to watch I find it the same as every time I have tried to watch in the past - mind-numbingly boring. People jogging around an enormous field for 90 minutes until whenever time the referee decides the game is over. Plenty of flopping, hardly any scoring chances, and a ludicrous offsides rule. At this point, I just don't think it's ever going to grow on me. I just accept that it's not my cup of tea.

In terms of passing the time though, Wimbledon's started. There's a sport I find fun to watch. Would be more fun if there were any Americans in the upper echelon of contending players, but I still find it to be compelling television.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree about it is time to get to it. I love that we have now had SEVEN draft threads for this season. I hate that about 2/3rds of those posts are people pumping up or tearing down the Sams and Leon. :biglaugh:

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
I agree about it is time to get to it. I love that we have now had SEVEN draft threads for this season. I hate that about 2/3rds of those posts are people pumping up or tearing down the Sams and Leon. :biglaugh:

Just wait until next year when we are hopefully in the bottom 5. Over/under on 10.5 draft threads? I'll take the over.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I guess I'm in the minority, but I just can't get into the World Cup. People say the games have been exciting, but every time I try to watch I find it the same as every time I have tried to watch in the past - mind-numbingly boring. People jogging around an enormous field for 90 minutes until whenever time the referee decides the game is over. Plenty of flopping, hardly any scoring chances, and a ludicrous offsides rule. At this point, I just don't think it's ever going to grow on me. I just accept that it's not my cup of tea.

In terms of passing the time though, Wimbledon's started. There's a sport I find fun to watch. Would be more fun if there were any Americans in the upper echelon of contending players, but I still find it to be compelling television.

I couldn't have said it better.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I suspect we'll be close to a "Part II" by the end of training camp.

If Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid are seriously fighting for the #1 spot, so that we can dream about either at pick #2, we'll blow this record out of the water. I think we might be at part III by the beginning of training camp.

And that's not even counting the Islanders and St. Louis tank threads.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid are seriously fighting for the #1 spot, so that we can dream about either at pick #2, we'll blow this record out of the water. I think we might be at part III by the beginning of training camp.

And that's not even counting the Islanders and St. Louis tank threads.

We should combine them all into one giant 2015 draft thread. Over/Under 20 threads? :laugh:

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Watch us draft Ekblad this year and then finish 2nd last next year to lose the lottery to a team lower then us and miss out on both and have Hanifin sitting right there.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad