Friction In Philly?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Came across this interesting story.

Exclusive: Sources inside Eagles paint Carson Wentz as 'selfish,' 'uncompromising' and 'playing favorites'

There's always rumors and you never know what's true but I thought for as so so as they were this year how the Eagles played the last month and two playoff games was better than they played the first 3 months of the season. If this has any legs to this it may make sense. Wentz seems like a shitty teammate but he's got the deal and investment for being the draft pick.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They had a tough schedule and a new system under a new cordinator but why under Wentz were they never in sync and then when Foles came back they looked in sync late?

I read that JAX and MIA are top landing spots for Foles potentially. I feel like with Foles being liked you have to trade him to end the friction but I would also worry if he's this poor of a teammate as alleged will the locker room get lost?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think this is a sham story just like the what that goof Seth Wikersham printed about New England last year.

I just don't buy that after all that time with all the ego and narcissism there that in 17 years theres no friction. You can all have the same vision but that doesn't mean you all see the way to get there equally.

Seperately you had the Butler thing last year. Sure, winning cures all, I get it, but all it does is hide things, so I wouldn't dismiss that there wasn't or isn't still friction. It's just not whats at the forefront these next 2 weeks.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
There probabably is some validity to it but it is overblown. They were 11-2 with in 2017 and the best team in the league before his knee injury.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No other writer in Philly is willing to go with this, but the writer himself said that there isn't as much to is as people were saying. That said, the writer is at least known here as an anti-Wentz guy.

We'll see if anything plays out, but my guess is that this will be forgotten about.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
There probabably is some validity to it but it is overblown. They were 11-2 with in 2017 and the best team in the league before his knee injury.
Maybe part of issue and source of friction is his inability to stay on the field

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad