Fresh Players ready to go!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Boston and Philadelphia led NHL teams with 11 players each who played in Europe, while Ottawa and the New York Islanders had 10 and Montreal had eight.

Well there's 8 Habs in game shape. I'm a Bruin fan as some of you know. Your own Whitesnake is one of my favorite posters. He got my vote as the fairest poster on HF boards and I sincerely appreciate that.

Anyway, thought this might be a little help. I was looking for Bruins players that played during lockout and came acsoss this.

Courtesy of http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/5-questions-nhl-teams-ready-life-lockout-200743254--nhl.html

Also a mention of Plecanec in article.

Also I'd like to sincerely wish all Hab fans a Very Happy and Healthy 2013. I really hope for the sake of his many fans and his teammates that Markov and his injuries are a thing of the past. Although I'm a die hard Bruin for a long time{Big 5-0 Feb 9}, Markov is a dynomite defenceman and a pleasure to watch.

Maybe a 1/2 dozen times I post on your board a season{Have friends here}and except for the odd occasion, I've been welcomed and had some terrific hockey talks. I hope we can continue that through the season.

Good luck, stay healthy and all the very best

Ernest
Nfld77

Moves Like Jagr

Oct 20, 2011
Kitchener
A nice Bruins fan!? I'm not surprised you're from the rock. Here's to a great MTL BOS rivalry this season. My favourite games to watch! A little off topic but I'm looking for to the boston anf buffalo games this season. I seem to remember Steve Ott having a run in with a few bruins last season and am wondering if Lucic will drop them with Scott.

PS please keep humiliating the leafs!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Lol, I love Lucic but if he didnt play since last spring, it'll take him til game 48 to catch up with the rest of the team believe me!! I noticed since I posted the above thread, they shortened their story which is a shame since it was a good article..Anyway, peace brother!!! I'm sure you'll agree, every team has it's decent fans who will talk straight hockey with a fan of any team while some is just too ignorant, childish or selfish to talk to certain team fans..They're on The Leaf, Bruin, Hab, Pens EVERYWHERE..best we can do is try to outnumber them and ignore them..It just raises yout blood pressure and kills the fun of our awesome game!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nice hearing from you again. Thanks for your info, well appreciated. Pretty odd to see that every team with the most players that played are in the Eastern Conference.....Great for our respective teams, but we will face teams that will also be ready. Good luck to you....but not that much....;)

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
One guy that is fairly rested that kind of makes me nervous is Carey Price.

Goaltenders are of a different breed. They need to be in the zone at all times. Price hasn't played in quite a long time now - granted, quite alot of goaltenders are in the same boat - so we could see a drop in performance over the first 10 or so games. In a 48 game season, that worries the hell out of me.

Then again, he could come out the gates and have a Vezina-like season and shut my mouth.

In 10-11 when he was doing the rodeo thing all summer and was expected to replace Halak, Price had a few bad pre-season games and then played like a wall in the regular season.

He could have a rough game or two when the season starts but hey, how about the team bail him out for once?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Are you/they counting players who went there and played a couple of games and came back? I wouldn't count Pacioretty & Kaberle personally. Kaberle played 10 games then came back, Pacioretty didn't play much more.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Goaltenders are of a different breed. They need to be in the zone at all times. Price hasn't played in quite a long time now - granted, quite alot of goaltenders are in the same boat - so we could see a drop in performance over the first 10 or so games. In a 48 game season, that worries the hell out of me.

Then again, he could come out the gates and have a Vezina-like season and shut my mouth.

He helped practice with the Tri-City Americans for a bit and according to this article:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...s+Carey+Price+dash+prepare/7784916/story.html

He seems ready to go.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Boston and Philadelphia led NHL teams with 11 players each who played in Europe, while Ottawa and the New York Islanders had 10 and Montreal had eight.

Well there's 8 Habs in game shape. I'm a Bruin fan as some of you know. Your own Whitesnake is one of my favorite posters. He got my vote as the fairest poster on HF boards and I sincerely appreciate that.

Anyway, thought this might be a little help. I was looking for Bruins players that played during lockout and came acsoss this.

Courtesy of http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/5-questions-nhl-teams-ready-life-lockout-200743254--nhl.html

Also a mention of Plecanec in article.

Also I'd like to sincerely wish all Hab fans a Very Happy and Healthy 2013. I really hope for the sake of his many fans and his teammates that Markov and his injuries are a thing of the past. Although I'm a die hard Bruin for a long time{Big 5-0 Feb 9}, Markov is a dynomite defenceman and a pleasure to watch.

Maybe a 1/2 dozen times I post on your board a season{Have friends here}and except for the odd occasion, I've been welcomed and had some terrific hockey talks. I hope we can continue that through the season.

Good luck, stay healthy and all the very best

Ernest
Nfld77

thanks! I wish the same for you and yours. I'd love to have some intelligent bi-partisan hockey talk.

Do you think Rask is ready for full time no.1 duties?

PricePkPatch*

Chill-out..

Myron Gaines*

When you're par of the tank nation, you don't worry about that type of thing.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
thanks! I wish the same for you and yours. I'd love to have some intelligent bi-partisan hockey talk.

Do you think Rask is ready for full time no.1 duties?

Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words!!

Last season, Rask definitely should have played more than he did, past 2 seasons I should say. Julien has a tendesy to stick with his supposedly #1 netminder while leaving his back-up to get hemmeroids on the bench. Bruins had the previledge of having 2 #1's in my opinion for the past 3-4 seasons. Rask was the #1 three seasons ago and had the best Goals Against and Save % in the league and following season, he barely played albeit that was season Thomas won Vezina.

So Yeah I certainly think Rask will be fine. He could have taken a multi-year contract but opted for a 1 yr and then sit down and sign long term. That speaks volumns in my opinon as to the confidence he has in himself.

Just wanna say thank you to all who responded to my thread and your kind words. I'm still pissed over the lock-out and still cant understand why it took so long. Personally I think there was more going on behind closed doors than , we the fans knew about!! How Buttman keeps his job is beyond me!! Does nothing for our great game..

All the very best..Again, gotta repeat. Markov is a great defenceman and I sincerily hope his days of injuries are behind him!!

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
prediction:

we score 5 goals, at least, in each of our first 2 games, carey doesn't play well, and we're talking about how amazing it is to have markov back...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad