Line Combos: Free Lukas Reichel (Now With More Points Than Mercer)

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Mercer scored 30 goals last year and was a playoff contributor. Reichel could never.

They've got Mercer playing a limited role with bums on the 3rd line this season.
Ah, so when Mercer plays with bums and struggles its because he's playing with bums but when Reichel plays with bums and struggles its because he's a bum too. I thought Mercer was supposed to be a "play driver" who is able to make his own offense? Weird.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Man ya know what I was thinking…

Somewhere out there there’s an alternate universe where Toews and Kane A. Were signed to reasonable contacts and B. Never declined…and where Keith never declined either and rather continued to remain elite and extend his career Ironman style despite his age….and where the front office made a ton of other smart decisions and signed guys for discounts and kept all the right pieces, etc….

Reichel-Bedard-Panarin
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Hartman-Danault-Teravainen
Guttman-Kampf-Hagel
Motte

Keith-Forsling
Korchinski-Jokiharju
Vlasic-Murphy
Kaiser

Goalie
Other goalie
Emergency 3rd goalie person

Somewhere out there this happened/happens…and the Hawks win the “2024” SCF in 7 games over that universes version of the Canadians. Bedard wins the Calder, Hart, and Smythe.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Somewhere out there there’s an alternate universe where Toews and Kane A. Were signed to reasonable contacts and B. Never declined…and where Keith never declined either and rather continued to remain elite and extend his career Ironman style despite his age….and where the front office made a ton of other smart decisions and signed guys for discounts and kept all the right pieces, etc….

Reichel-Bedard-Panarin
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Guttman-Kampf-Motte

Keith-Forsling
Korchinski-Jokiharju
Vlasic-Murphy
Kaiser

Goalie
Other goalie

Somewhere out there this happened/happens…and the Hawks win the “2024” SCF in 7 games over that universes version of the Canadians. Bedard wins the Calder, Hart, and Smythe.
Mission impossible with Stan making the decisions.

The lottery win to get Bedard was probably as important for the org as Hawks getting Kane/Toews as youngsters. It was badly needed 15+ years ago as it was in last summer's draft. Blackhawks are suddenly back on the map with the acquisition of one player.

Chicago1948

May 31, 2023

Reichel-Bedard-Panarin
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Guttman-Kampf-Motte

Keith-Forsling
Korchinski-Jokiharju
Vlasic-Murphy
Kaiser

Goalie
Other goalie

Do you not remember the 2018-19 team? They finished 6th in the central. Is your last name Bowman?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You sure the Hawks win the 2015 cup in that alternative world scenario though?

If keith never declined... so even more superhuman than he was to be elite at 40?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
You sure the Hawks win the 2015 cup in that alternative world scenario though?

If keith never declined... so even more superhuman than he was to be elite at 40?

Yeah basically Keith is still easily one of the top 5 all-around D in the NHL even at age 40 in the hypothetical universe I’ve created in my head.

Do you not remember the 2018-19 team? They finished 6th in the central. Is your last name Bowman?

No…it’s Speedman.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Reichel-Bedard-Panarin
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Guttman-Kampf-Motte

Keith-Forsling
Korchinski-Jokiharju
Vlasic-Murphy
Kaiser

Goalie
Other goalie

Why does Hossa have to age out of this fantasy?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Is Reichel at least up with Bedard on the PP1?

Two wizards playing together just makes sense at least on the power play.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Considering that PP1 spends like 1:50 on the PP, splitting Reichel and Bedard makes no sense to me. If it was at least a 60/40 split, I could be on board with having them split but since it is not, I do not get it.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
What if Reichel doesn't produce at wing either? AHL? He still seems so light and weedy. If wasn't a first round pick he'd have warranted a healthy scratch by now

Remember when people were predicting 60, 70+ points this season for him and comparing him to Stutzle?

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

TBH, I'm surprised that Luke doesn't see the possible benefit of Reichel/Bedard together on the PP. Chances are very good that PP1 would get a much needed shot in the arm and obviously Reichel needs a boost in his confidence.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
What if Reichel doesn't produce at wing either? AHL? He still seems so light and weedy. If wasn't a first round pick he'd have warranted a healthy scratch by now

Remember when people were predicting 60, 70+ points this season for him and comparing him to Stutzle?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Yes, AHL.

No, I don’t remember that.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yes, AHL.

No, I don’t remember that.
It probably happened though..... Reichel wouldn't be the first prospect (with offensive prowess in lesser leagues) to be overhyped on this board.

That said, he is young, it seems to me that it is up to him to evaluate himself and his game and decide if he wants to play in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad