GDT: Free Agent Friend-Z Part III - Moore please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Bryan Murray doing a great job showing that the people in the hockey business are adults, and when you respect a guy, you respect a guy.

Kershaw

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Hearing Bruins are kicking tires on Penner, Kings also talking to his camp.

Penner very intriguing for two contending teams.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Hard to keep track of everything that's happening...

Some bad contracts and some scary bad contract being delt out today...

nothing that makes me go;

6lcE5.gif

Kershaw

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Rostislav Olesz's deal with NJ is one year, $1M.

Kershaw

Penner scored 2 goals for the Kings last years...not exactly intriguing, if you ask me.

just wondering why the Bruins are 'kicking tires' for him per Ryan Rishaug.

Maybe he plays tougher with Lucic on his line and Chara on defense?

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I want some of what Toronto and NJ has been smoking. What a joke. It seems like you wont get a guy for less then 5 years now a days.

kingnashty61*

Starting lineup for rangers

MZA-Richards-Nash
Krieder-Stepan-Brassard(With the signing of moore and us still having boyle it makes sense moving him)
Hagelin-Boyle/Lindberg-Callahan
Dorsett-Moore-Haley

I honestly think with the signing of moore, boyle is a goner. i can def see him and mdz packaged to Vancouver for alex elder or boyle going straight up for bieska and mdz being traded for a legit 2nd liner

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We really need one more top 9 winger. If we don't get one hopefully either fast or kristo show something in camp. Really not good having Boyle/Dorsett/whoever there

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
so how close are we gonna be to the cap after we resign our RFA?

Is it really that close ?

We don't have room for another 2M signing ?

Kershaw

According to Katie Strang, they couldn't afford Hendricks at 1.85mil. I have no idea what's going on.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011

Maybe not. If they don't bring MZA back they might be able to squeak a 2 million dollar contract onto the team.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Starting lineup for rangers

MZA-Richards-Nash
Krieder-Stepan-Brassard(With the signing of moore and us still having boyle it makes sense moving him)
Hagelin-Boyle/Lindberg-Callahan
Dorsett-Moore-Haley

I honestly think with the signing of moore, boyle is a goner. i can def see him and mdz packaged to Vancouver for alex elder or boyle going straight up for bieska and mdz being traded for a legit 2nd liner

We can move mdz to edmonton for yakupov. DO IIT. DO IIIT NOW.:D

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
We really need one more top 9 winger. If we don't get one hopefully either fast or kristo show something in camp. Really not good having Boyle/Dorsett/whoever there

Cally and Hags won't be ready to start the season, they need a couple wingers, at least to start.

I wonder if FA slows a bit if Jagr or Iginla could be had on a one year deal for $3 mil or so. They might be able to squeak that in

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Both Boyle and Moore can play left wing and do alright there. Both good penalty killers--better than average faceoff guys. Boyle may be moved may be not. Rangers do need more forwards who can pk this year. I'd be more comfortable moving either of Boyle or Moore to wing though and dumping Pyatt.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Get used to bad free agent classes getting overpaid from now on. These 8 year deals that can only be offered by home teams is keeping all the star players where they were drafted, which is exactly what the league wanted. The downside to this is that teams become even more desperate with less FA options available so guys like Clarkson and Clowe get to cash in much bigger than they should have. Clarkson is just the beginning. Best to buy low (a la Weiss) or avoid FA all together from now on. This is a joke. There should be more trades as a result of the FA market being so pitifully weak and overpriced.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
so they will make more moves but right now alot of 1 way contracts

Nash, Stepan, Callahan
Hagelin, Richards, Zuccarello
Boyle, Brassard, Dorsett
Pyatt, Moore, Asham
Powe, Haley

technically Kreider is not a 1 way but likely on team

Not syre about you, but that group doesn't make me scared at all

Status