Free Agent Frenzy: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianODST

Dec 17, 2014
MB is actually terrible at signing contracts (ie Subban, Emelin, Desharnais)
-Pacioretty broke his neck and was damaged goods at the time of the signing.
-While Price was still letting in at least one softie every game, MB managed to sign him to only 500k less than the best goalie in the league at the time ( ie. Pekka Rinne).
- Prust was overpaid. 2.5M for a bottom six player is a lot of money.
- Relax Kassian hasn't played a single game in a habs jersey. Let's hope he's better than DSP.
- Therrien is one of the worst things to ever happen to this hockey club and BargainBin deserves to get fired for it along with extending the rest of his cronies.
- Waite was a good pick up but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- Weaver better than Gorges? LMAO!
- Our fourth line scored more than our top six and you don't see a problem with that?
- Markov is no longer in his prime. He's 36 having undergone two knee surgeries. 5.75M is more than fair if not a tad on the high side.
- Petry was a terrible signing and it cost us a couple of picks to get it done.. There I said it. He makes almost as much as Markov while having a career high of 25 points and being a career minus players. MB also took out a shotgun and completely killed Beaulieu's development dead who was playing like a top 3 Dman while riding a high of confidence when the club gave him more responsibilities before acquiring Petry. Better to have spent that money on the HUGE GAPING HOLE in our top six.
-100 points season? Try raising your standards son...

This is just intentional pessimism.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Daley got as many goals as Sharp last year as a D... can he possibly be that bad?

On the main boards there were possession stats thrown out there that showed Daley was the worst possession player in the entire NHL. Every other defenseman that was his partner had better stats playing with someone else.

Nynja*

You realize the Ducks didn't go to the Finals, right?

You also realize this same management group thought that Dan Heatley could help them too, right?

I'm not sure what you think this post is proving but the only sentence that makes a lot of sense is the second one.

Dan heatley was signed to a low risk 1 mil contract
THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Daley got as many goals as Sharp last year as a D... can he possibly be that bad?

So Daleys best season ever vs. Sharpe's worse season. Love the rationale. Look at Daleys career and watch him play and you'll quickly see he's a bottom pairing defensman on 25 NHL teams.

If Semin scores 35 goals (prorated due to injury is acceptible, but not incl ENG) in the NHL this season if he gets signed, i will donate 500$ to a charity of your choice.

If he signs for $2M and score 20+ goals, would you complain?

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Cammalleri was checked out, he had to go.

But the manner in which the trade was completed was stupid and disrespectful.

That was a TERRIBLE trade it doesn't matter why he should have been traded. What was given up and the return were crap. I'm still unsure what Cammy said to anger so many fans. Team sucked. Love how fans at the time tried to spin it that Burque alone made the Cammy trade a good one. :laugh::laugh:

Nynja*

So Daleys best season ever vs. Sharpe's worse season. Love the rationale. Look at Daleys career and watch him play and you'll quickly see he's a bottom pairing defensman on 25 NHL teams.

If he signs for $2M and score 20+ goals, would you complain?

I wouldnt complain, i dont see it happening though. Id be surprised if that happened to be honest.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Given that MB isn't going to sign AK or Semin I would have taken Chris Stewart at the 1 year 1.7 million deal he just signed with Anaheim.

But, I would prefer AK or Semin to Chris Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad