Free Agent Frenzy: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Semin on a very cheap deal
Tlusty (I think he played pretty well with Pleky during the lock out)
Matthias (I mostly remember him from is FLA day, but I rememer thinking he seem good)

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
I watched every game Tlusty played with the Jets last year, we do not want, at best he's a 15 goal 3rd line player.

I would take Semin on a cheap 1 year deal.

Mattias is a borderline 3rd line center, no need for him either.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Eventually gonna have to drop the 'frenzy' part from the title

Maybe call it the Summer of Semin or something

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Semin on a 1-year deal prove me your Worth Buddy would not be a bad deal. Semin didn't suck in his 1st year in Carolina. He sucked in his 3rd. Totally not Therrien type of player so getting him would be so surprising.....and it would be done already. WE need offense, he's available, and we don't sign him. I mean, he could even be Bergevin response to him missing everybody else and even that...he's not going to do.

Again, from one camp to another, plent of people think this team is good enough including the management. Others think it's not and it's based on Price. Let's find out for another year what we're made of. Let's see if Price can repeat his 4-trophies type of performances (as if it's right to ask that of him...) and see what this team can do with the "adjustments" they made.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Semin on a 1-year deal prove me your Worth Buddy would not be a bad deal. Semin didn't suck in his 1st year in Carolina. He sucked in his 3rd. Totally not Therrien type of player so getting him would be so surprising.....and it would be done already. WE need offense, he's available, and we don't sign him. I mean, he could even be Bergevin response to him missing everybody else and even that...he's not going to do.

Again, from one camp to another, plent of people think this team is good enough including the management. Others think it's not and it's based on Price. Let's find out for another year what we're made of. Let's see if Price can repeat his 4-trophies type of performances (as if it's right to ask that of him...) and see what this team can do with the "adjustments" they made.

This team will most likely struggle to make the play-offs. Where we stand right now.. with the same coaching staff.. Price will play at an elite level but not historic, we'll struggle to score.. and the team will quit on the system early when theres no longer wins to distract.

Semin signing is important but I doubt we're even contacting jim.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Therrien and Semin would be oil and water. I am astounded that Pacioretty is a 37-39 goal scorer under this coach.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If anyone can handle Semin on the Habs, it's Plekanec. He's played with Jagr and Kovalev. Habs did not want Jagr, no way they want Semin.

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Zack Kassian
Alexander Semin - David Desharnais - Devante Smith-Pelly
Rookie - Torrey Mitchell - Dale Weise
Brian Flynn, Michael Bournival

PP1
Semin - Plekanec - Pacioretty
PP2
Galchenyuk - Eller/Desharnais - Kassian/Gallagher/DSP

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This team will most likely struggle to make the play-offs. Where we stand right now.. with the same coaching staff.. Price will play at an elite level but not historic, we'll struggle to score.. and the team will quit on the system early when theres no longer wins to distract.

Semin signing is important but I doubt we're even contacting jim.

You think the Habs will struggle to make the playoffs?

Barring some injury, that's some pretty heavy doom & gloom.

It's pretty shocking to see the difference between how many Habs fans view their team and how fans of other teams view it

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'm thinking that AK46 is our best and most affordable option.
1yr, 1.5m, and see what he does.
At least it's someone.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You think the Habs will struggle to make the playoffs?

Barring some injury, that's some pretty heavy doom & gloom.

It's pretty shocking to see the difference between how many Habs fans view their team and how fans of other teams view it

I do. It took a historic season by Price.. if he was only as good as the 2nd best goalie this season, we would've been a wildcard team... That's some damning evidence against the system and personnel of the team.

I don't see Price doing that again, he'll still be a top goalie in the league, but unless MT and the coaching staff take some accountability for how the system is why offense goes to die here.. we're not gonna be above .500 again in 30 games where we score 1 or less.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm thinking that AK46 is our best and most affordable option.
1yr, 1.5m, and see what he does.
At least it's someone.

No one else is showing much any interest in him. Why on earth should we, much less pay him $1.5M when no one else is willing to give him more than a PTO?

The thought of AK is better than the actual AK.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I do. It took a historic season by Price.. if he was only as good as the 2nd best goalie this season, we would've been a wildcard team... That's some damning evidence against the system and personnel of the team.

I don't see Price doing that again, he'll still be a top goalie in the league, but unless MT and the coaching staff take some accountability for how the system is why offense goes to die here.. we're not gonna be above .500 again in 30 games where we score 1 or less.

That's true, but our defensive squad has improved. Beaulieu should be ready to go to next level and Petry has been added.
All it takes is for one of our projects or rookies to step up to provide some semblance of top 6 performance, and we will be fine.
Assuming of course that Patches-Plek keep up their production and Galch-Galla improve.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's true, but our defensive squad has improved. Beaulieu should be ready to go to next level and Petry has been added.
All it takes is for one of our projects or rookies to step up to provide some semblance of top 6 performance, and we will be fine.
Assuming of course that Patches-Plek keep up their production and Galch-Galla improve.

I understand our D looks better.. but still.. our problem isn't allowing 2 or less.. it's scoring 2 or more..

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Id like to add Semin and Matthias... Matthias-Eller-Kassian would be a sick line

While I really like Eller, and think Kassian still has 1st line potential (like a lot of Vancouver fans), that would be one big line of underachievers. Matthias is a 3rd liner, not much more, Eller seems to be portrayed in that role by Therrien, and damn I sure hope Kassian becomes the player he could be...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Therrien and Semin would be oil and water. I am astounded that Pacioretty is a 37-39 goal scorer under this coach.

Pacioretty is one of the few habs that actually shoots the puck, the rest of them are either instructed not to unless they have to or they are afraid like little girls.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad