GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That's a TBD. He played well on a bad team where nobody thought they'd win, so there was zero pressure. That's not the case here. He will absolutely have pressure on him to succeed. I also am troubled by his injury history. This is a guy that has never played 40 games or more in this league.

I personally would have rolled the dice with Vladar and Sway and used that money they gave to Ullmark to resign DK.

Same. Without question.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I can live with Smith on the 2nd line...provided a 1b type center is feeding him. Wish they could find a guy like that.

but really the line of Hall, Krejci and Smith is more than ok for me.

I totally agree

Doesn't Wilson play the top line with Ovie? He's not a first liner either. It isn't about stats, it's about fit. Smith fits well with Krejci & Hall. Assuming he's with Krejci & Hall.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
That's a TBD. He played well on a bad team where nobody thought they'd win, so there was zero pressure. That's not the case here. He will absolutely have pressure on him to succeed. I also am troubled by his injury history. This is a guy that has never played 40 games or more in this league.

I personally would have rolled the dice with Vladar and Sway and used that money they gave to Ullmark to resign DK.
My point was I've read lots of people lauding Ullmark because he played well on a bad team . But bashing Forbort because he played well and major minutes on a supposedly bad Jets team that made the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff and LSCII

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sure, if DK resigns, it will be fine. If not? Yikes. :laugh:

If not then they are totally screwed. There's no two ways about it. The season hinges almost entirely on David Krejci. Where's that kid @Silva who used to play wiffle ball tournaments that was pimping Krejci the minute he was drafted? Now is his time to shine

EDIT:

Sorry, probably no longer a kid...that was a long ass time ago lol

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Yes, but there's hardly room for Krejci once you move out some money, now we are magically bringing in a #1 left shot defenseman too?

have about $1,750,000 in cap space

Debrusk $3,675,000
Moore $2,750,000
Wagner $1,350,000

Puts us at $9,500,000

add in Krejci at $4,000,000-$5,000,000

you have 4,500,000-$5,500,000 for a dman

Debrusk, Vaak and 1st is a pretty good package for some like Ekholm making $3,750,000

Moore, Wagner and 2nd to Az for a 4th

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
have about $1,750,000 in cap space

Debrusk $3,675,000
Moore $2,750,000
Wagner $1,350,000

Puts us at $9,500,000

add in Krejci at $4,000,000-$5,000,000

you have 4,500,000-$5,500,000 for a dman

Debrusk, Vaak and 1st is a pretty good package for some like Ekholm making $3,750,000

Moore, Wagner and 2nd to Az for a 4th

Alright then, I like the cut of your jib.

Reactions: Gordoff and Grimey

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If not then they are totally screwed. There's no two ways about it. The season hinges almost entirely on David Krejci. Where's that kid @Silva who used to play wiffle ball tournaments that was pimping Krejci the minute he was drafted? Now is his time to shine

EDIT:

He was on yesterday!! lol

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019

EDIT:

Again it won't be popular but I'll say it yet again . If one player - particularly Krejci was that important to this team he should have been extended last season before even getting to a potential UFA status. I feel the perception of Krecji here and the perception from management is a little ways off.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Again it won't be popular but I'll say it yet again . If one player - particularly Krejci was that important to this team he should have been extended last season before even getting to a potential UFA status. I feel the perception of Krecji here and the perception from management is a little ways off.

I don't disagree. I still think there's a more than decent chance that there's already an agreement in place that they just haven't announced yet, for...reasons.

Reactions: Grimey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I think management feels like Krecji will only play for Bruins or go home so they always have time.I think they are right to.

Reactions: The don godfather

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My point was I've read lots of people lauding Ullmark because he played well on a bad team . But bashing Forbort because he played well and major minutes on a supposedly bad Jets team that made the playoffs.

I look at it differently. Forbort may have logged big minutes but it was a bad team. He's also a plus 8 for his entire career. Maybe that's bad teams. Maybe that's bad partners. Maybe that's bad play by him. As I haven't really watched his game, I can't say. What I can say is that the guy he's replacing, whom people said absolutely sucked last year, was a plus 8 for the season. So seeing Forbort has a huge upgrade over Lauzon is something I can't buy into until I see what he looks like on the ice.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I don't disagree. I still think there's a more than decent chance that there's already an agreement in place that they just haven't announced yet, for...reasons.
And hopefully that's true and he comes in at a team friendly cap hit .
Contrary to popular belief here , I don't dislike Krejci as a player - I just felt it was time to invest in youth for this team and his 7M+ could have helped that. I also just don't have the same - season over , lottery pick team if he doesn't resign.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Felger and Mazz is hilarious.

Mazz humming the Peanuts theme when the news broke on Linus was priceless.

Absolutely juvenile and catering to the lowest common denominator, yet still amazing. They don’t pretend to be anything they’re not.

I don't get the appeal of "genuine" idiots.
A pile of dung doesn't pretend to be a pile of gold, but I know which one I prefer.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just don’t think the WPG Jets are that bad. Sure they got swept by the scabs, they also swept a generational talent out of the playoffs

their D left a lot to be desired and that is why Forbort played so much but it’s not like they were a bad team because of that. They were solid- not real contenders, but good

I expect Forbort to give us a sturdy 18 min a night and to be our key PK d-man

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I look at it differently. Forbort may have logged big minutes but it was a bad team. He's also a plus 8 for his entire career. Maybe that's bad teams. Maybe that's bad partners. Maybe that's bad play by him. As I haven't really watched his game, I can't say. What I can say is that the guy he's replacing, whom people said absolutely sucked last year, was a plus 8 for the season. So seeing Forbort has a huge upgrade over Lauzon is something I can't buy into until I see what he looks like on the ice.
Great post…
This just what the team needed
Big guy, plays allot of minutes, kills penalties and is was a plus on a bad team
Now if he plays on the left side of McAvoy you have a good top pairing

Reactions: ylekot and LSCII

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019

I don't see Forbort as a huge upgrade over Lauzon , but he brings more experience and fills a primary need as a sturdy PKer. Ideally he slots in as the 2/3 LD depending on matchups/opponents . I don't envision him slotting in next to Charlie , but even in that role he's more of the defensive type which would allow Charlie to push his offensive skill even more.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I watched Forebert alot here in Calgary and live a few times.He plays hard and will not I repeat not let guys bother goalie .If guy plays hard I can live with results.Its a hard game at this level lots of great players so defence is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad