GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Again it won't be popular but I'll say it yet again . If one player - particularly Krejci was that important to this team he should have been extended last season before even getting to a potential UFA status. I feel the perception of Krecji here and the perception from management is a little ways off.

Krejci's plan all along was to go back home at the end of this contract. Even if he had some doubts at the time, he wasn't signing any extension then.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So we move on from DeBrusk and we are up to $4.6m?

And for the exercise, Gryz + DeBrusk is roughly $7.2? So we could perhaps add a $3-5m D man to replace Gryz and then give Krejci and incentive laden deal?

I think that's the best case scenario, and hopefully they land a quality D for that.
Worst case is Sweeney finds he desperately needs to get under the cap before the start of the season and unloads JDB as a pure cap dump, gets a draft pick for him, rather than a useful piece.

I also wonder if other GMs, lying in wait for that latter scenario, would turn down any of Sweeney's trade proposals that involve JDB – or offer less in return, making JDB hard to trade for anything of value now.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
With the additions made by the Bruins and Canadiens I think we're going to see some old time hockey this season. Should be fun...
Regarding filling the holes on defense, Center, and 2RW I keep reminding myself that there's still several weeks before TC and to be patient. Sweeney didn't fill 2 of those needs, and IMO he probably took Krejci re-signing for granted so that adds to the problem but hopefully he isn't done (I doubt he is) with moves. He better not be.

Reactions: ylekot

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I remember the story of Schilling going on SOSH before signing off with the Sox. If any NHLer came to our board they'd never sign here. LOL

He sucks
He's a bottom pair guy
He's a JAG
He probably wants too much money
He looked terrible last year
His advanced stats suck
He's got nothing left

Shit can I send Forbort all of my posts? Maybe he'll renege on the deal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
With the additions made by the Bruins and Canadiens I think we're going to see some old time hockey this season. Should be fun...
Regarding filling the holes on defense, Center, and 2RW I keep reminding myself that there's still several weeks before TC and to be patient. Sweeney didn't fill 2 of those needs, and IMO he probably took Krejci re-signing for granted so that adds to the problem but hopefully he isn't done (I doubt he is) with moves. He better not be.

I hope a Bruin put Paquettes head right through the boards.Little puke is right where he belongs with puky organization.Sorry to be mean so early in the day but I hate both.

Reactions: BMC

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Would love to take a poll here to see how many think dk is coming back and who think dk isnt ? So polarized right now. Its true no matter what this decision will set the team destiny this year and I'm kinda pissed with dk a bit if he wants to go he should have let donny know before free agency began. I'll forgive him though if hes back.:)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Would love to take a poll here to see how many think dk is coming back and who think dk isnt ? So polarized right now. Its true no matter what this decision will set the team destiny this year and I'm kinda pissed with dk a bit if he wants to go he should have let donny know before free agency began. I'll forgive him though if hes back.:)

I'll be stunned if he's not back. Wouldn't be surprised if he simply wants more guarantee money versus easily attained bonuses. (Makes sense for him. What if you get hurt in game 1?)

For that to happen they need to move DeBrusk and send some guys down.

But this is why I think the roster is essentially set. Whatever cap space they create to sign Krejci, that's it. That's the team. So yeah, judging them after yesterday seems pretty fair. We don't need to wait until opening night to know what the roster will look like.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
If they're better they don't need to be cheaper. McCabe and Savard were a couple guys I would rather have got. I wouldn't hate the Forbort signing on a 2 million x 2 year deal.
Saying those guys are better is very debatable. And who is to say he didn't try to sign these guys anyway? People think free agency is like going to the grocery store and picking whatever uou want. It just doesn't work that way.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'll be stunned if he's not back. Wouldn't be surprised if he simply wants more guarantee money versus easily attained bonuses. (Makes sense for him. What if you get hurt in game 1?)

For that to happen they need to move DeBrusk and send some guys down.

But this is why I think the roster is essentially set. Whatever cap space they create to sign Krejci, that's it. That's the team. So yeah, judging them after yesterday seems pretty fair. We don't need to wait until opening night to know what the roster will look like.
I honestly doubt money has anything to do with what is going on. Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerejci and Rask being brought in late in the season.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Boy this nick foligno signing has changed the complexion of the team. More character grit leadership. Plus he can still put some decent points up on the board. That could be donny best signing though I think ullmark is gonna surprise many on how agile he is making stop after stop. Cant wait. Oh yea hurry up dk were in knots over here.!

Reactions: SPV

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I honestly doubt money has anything to do with what is going on. Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerejci and Rask being brought in late in the season.

I do not want that .Your either there pulling on the rope with the boys or your not.Rask is hurt and may never get back let alone back to top form.But if Krecji wants in get in, if not thanks for great years.Let the boys do all the heavy lifting road trip travel etc them walk in from vacation at the end seems not right.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s feels as though the frenzy period is past, and the market is cooled.

In order to cut down on some of the overlap in discussions, I’m closing this thread down and directing further conversation to the appropriate threads:

Don Sweeney’s press conference comments last evening:
Management - Don Sweeney - Free Agent recap zoom ( 7/28/21 )

Evaluating the Bruins’ off-season moves:
Management - Grade offseason moves

Proposed Bruins roster changes:
Boston Bruins - Your roster changes / proposals X

Out of market trades and signings:
NHL - Out Of Town Thread - Summah wheels & deals?

David Krejci:
Player Discussion - David Krejci- VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad