GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY III - 11 AM ESPN+ , TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well there you go. Trading him was smart because someone would have grabbed him for free.

But they could have sent Swayman down since he’s waiver exempt and left Vlader as the backup. They didn’t have to move him, they wanted to move him.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017

Like I mentioned they picked up that other goalie on a two way contract. I can see them sending Swayman down on days he is not the starter and only bringing him up when they want him to start. That way they can keep that waiver days all season.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
This roster is extremely weird right now. More moves have to be coming but it was nice to see Sweeney actually make a trade.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But they could have sent Swayman down since he’s waiver exempt and left Vlader as the backup. They didn’t have to move him, they wanted to move him.

SInce he wasn't on the roster at season end, my understanding here is that he needed waivers to be called up to camp. I guess they could have just left him in Providence, but then that's the same as moving him. And clearly they feel like Swayman is the better of the two.

Reactions: inactive user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad