Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
a5cea9c2dedae6c5ca6f116ae5470de4.png

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Hoping Barrie into cheaper more defensive 3RD and Rodrigues. Keep all RFAs. Doesn't feel like there is a D trade in the books at this point.

That should be good enough until the trade deadline where you grab the best D available for a cup run.

Buchburger1683

Jun 20, 2014
The right wing looks sad at the moment...
Even with Yama/Pulju signed it will be the biggest weak point.
We need Phil the thrill
Unless Hyman switches over. Then the right side looks pretty darn good.

Kane McDavid Hyman
Nuge Draisaitl Yamo
Holloway McLeod Puljuarvi
Foegele Shore Ryan

(That bottom line needs tweaking; Foegele can’t play there for his AAV; Shore isn’t a full time guy)

I actually really like Hyman with Kane and McDavid. I know he prefers (and looks great) on the left side, but I imagine that’s where Brown would have played and Hyman is the better/best version of Brown, strong on the forecheck, speed, puck retrieval, defensively minded, can score. I think Yamo serves much that same purpose, despite his size, for Draisaitl and Nuge.

Can Holloway play 3rd line? Is it wise to put a rookie, with an emerging but not established 3C and who knows what Jesse will or won’t do (if he’s even here…).

I think there is still some movement to be done in the bottom six. And they really need to find a partner for Bouchard. I hope/expect they’ll keep Kulak and Barrie together, Nurse and Ceci, and maybe a Soucy for Bouchard with Broberg as the 7th D (and not necessarily the press box 7th D, but as I’ve said before, I think Jay will more often than not run the 11-7 set up, which is also a great way for Broberg to settle into the NHL game. But maybe we need less of a full time partner for Bouch so he doesn’t flat out push Broberg out of a spot. Hell, as a bottom pair, I wouldn’t be loathe to see Broberg and Bouchard given their inevitable maturation.

I guess, I just don't see it, because Montreal also won't be good for a bit. Montreal is more likely to take Barrie after they move Petry.
Might be right. Seattle really isn’t gonna do much either. And Montreal, with a few moves, is actually a prime candidate for a quicker turnaround. Klingberg could be part of that AND make 6M per. Money talks too.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Im thinking Seattle or Montreal.
Anaheim has about $30m in cap space and Shattenkirk is up this year. He seems like the kind of guy you'd want to help ease in prospects like Mintyukov and Zellweger in the next few seasons.

destl

Jul 31, 2005
Czech Rep.
I think our forwards lines look just fine. Defence is what we should focus on now. Lets trade Foegele+Barrie (maybe with draft pick) for some solid top4 D. Sanheim seems like a great pickup but Philly is not being a good trade partner due to their cap situation I guess

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think our forwards lines look just fine. Defence is what we should focus on now. Lets trade Foegele+Barrie (maybe with draft pick) for some solid top4 D. Sanheim seems like a great pickup but Philly is not being a good trade partner due to their cap situation I guess
I've seen Sanheim mentioned a lot on this board over the last few days and I have to ask why people think he'd even reasonably be available.

It's not like Philly is in a teardown. The TDA acquisition signals a team that's trying to improve offensively. And if they're trying to shed salary--which they are, I fail to see how trading their best valued defenseman helps them in any way.

Realistically if you're negotiating with Philly on Sanheim, they're taking you to the cleaners with the asking price because there's really no benefit to them dealing him.

We really need a scoring winger better than Yamo/Pulju. They aren't going to cut it anymore.

Strome, Niederreiter, Kessel.
They have four scoring wingers: Kane, Hyman, RNH and one of the two you mentioned. The bottom six desperately needs attention if the team's depth is going to improve in a noticeable way.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Weird offseason for Carolina. Picked up Burns and Pacorietty for nothing pretty much. Not sure how I feel about their moves. Pacorietty has 1 year left so no risk there.

Vegas just dumb as usual.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I've seen Sanheim mentioned a lot on this board over the last few days and I have to ask why people think he'd even reasonably be available.

It's not like Philly is in a teardown. The TDA acquisition signals a team that's trying to improve offensively. And if they're trying to shed salary--which they are, I fail to see how trading their best valued defenseman helps them in any way.

Realistically if you're negotiating with Philly on Sanheim, they're taking you to the cleaners with the asking price because there's really no benefit to them dealing him.

They have four scoring wingers: Kane, Hyman, RNH and one of the two you mentioned. The bottom six desperately needs attention if the team's depth is going to improve in a noticeable way.
Agreed, bringing in Kessel then dropping down one of the two I mentioned is ideal. A third line of Holloway-McLeod-Yamo would be interesting. Or Put Kessel there.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What happened with Connor Brown? Seems like that never happens where insiders are claiming Brown to Edmonton and then it falls through. Have to think they’re looking for another top 9 forward.

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016
Would like a top-4 right wing and another LD to push Broberg to 7th D. Not saying he is a 7D but needs to be sheltered for his first NHL season.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
What happened with Connor Brown? Seems like that never happens where insiders are claiming Brown to Edmonton and then it falls through. Have to think they’re looking for another top 9 forward.
My guess is we wanted to move a player and ottawa wanted a pick. Needed another team to trade with but never happened.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad