GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - 2022, GM's gone wild edition

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
We'll find out soon enough, but I've read speculation that Klingberg will fetch in the 6-7 range. I realize I'm alone in this, but I figure that's probably fair for him... especially in light on most people thinking Bowness' system was a big part of the problem. I know I've said this before.

Also, today is the day we might find out if Frank Vatrano is our man... hahahaha

Reactions: AarG

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We'll find out soon enough, but I've read speculation that Klingberg will fetch in the 6-7 range. I realize I'm alone in this, but I figure that's probably fair for him... especially in light on most people thinking Bowness' system was a big part of the problem. I know I've said this before.

Also, today is the day we might find out if Frank Vatrano is our man... hahahaha
I don't think Klingberg gets 9M x 7 either. I was thinking more like 7/7.5M x 6 years.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

giphy.gif

I don't think Klingberg gets 9M x 7 either. I was thinking more like 7/7.5M x 6 years.

I hope you're right but given the players available I think he can ask for more than that.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Justin Schultz, 2 years, 3 million. Good move for us. Calms the Klingberg fears. Hopefully.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Murray and Samsonofg-- the Leafs goaltending will be an adventure next year. They will need to score five goals a game.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
If we don't sign Burakovsky, I'm entirely skeptical about the definition of the word "aggressive".

Well, maybe we were "aggressively" in on all those deals but just fell short.

Though, might be for the best to not go crazy in free agency given that those contracts usually aren't worth the money you're paying.

BTW: Sergachev now the highest paid defender in Tampa Bay.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00