GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022 - DAY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What's our cap situation look like atm?
Were over correct? Ferland Cap can't be considered because we need to be compliant before the season and the LTIR Cap only comes off after we are, no?
How does this all work

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Are you saying they are going to run a roster less than max roster?
Unwise obviously to be that close to the cap. Something has to give, aside from the fact that our defensive cap structure (and play) is not good. I anticipate 2-3 forwards being traded and hopefully at least one defender, with cheaper, younger replacements coming in.

Miller is the obvious piece to move, but we also would get important cap savings and restructuring by shifting Myers (likely), Poolman (unlikely), Dickinson (please, oh please), and/or Pearson (likely).

Don't want to move Garland. I like the lineup with both him and Mikheyev in it.

Edit: Or one fell swoop with OEL, but I fear that would cost assets to move, and he's at least a good player right now.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What's our cap situation look like atm?
Were over correct? Ferland Cap can't be considered because we need to be compliant before the season and the LTIR Cap only comes off after we are, no?
How does this all work

Don't worry about Ferland, it won't really factor in other than we can't accrue in-season space. Would be nice to dump him though so we can accrue space in case Kuzmenko or Podkolzin hit bonuses.

As for the cap situation, with a full roster of 23 players we are looking at around 550-600k of space depending how the bottom of the roster fleshes out.

Reactions: TruGr1t and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
According to Daily Faceoff's free agent ranking here's who's left:

Kadri
Klingberg
Niederreiter
Stastny
Krejci
Rodrigues
Heinen
Motte
Kessel
Steel
Jarnkrok
Janmark
Pitlick
Aston-Reese
Raffl
Larsson
Domingue
Sturm
Hagg
Mete
Del Zotto
Dahlen
Donato
Svechnikov
Chiasson
Priskie

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, Jay Beagle and Brandon Sutter remain unsigned.

Just a reminder that Erik Gudbranson signed a 4 year 16 million dollar contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets yesterday...June 13, 2022.

Reactions: quat and M2Beezy

Nov 1, 2011
Don't worry about Ferland, it won't really factor in other than we can't accrue in-season space. Would be nice to dump him though so we can accrue space in case Kuzmenko or Podkolzin hit bonuses.

As for the cap situation, with a full roster of 23 players we are looking at around 550-600k of space depending how the bottom of the roster fleshes out.

Is that "space" using both Poolman and Ferland on LTIR or considering them using space and being replaced?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Is that "space" using both Poolman and Ferland on LTIR or considering them using space and being replaced?

Ferland will be on LTIR and doesn't even really need to be factored in. Poolman seems to be fully healthy and appears to be part of the roster.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, Jay Beagle and Brandon Sutter remain unsigned.

Just a reminder that Erik Gudbranson signed a 4 year 16 million dollar contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets yesterday...June 13, 2022.
Still shaking my head at that Gudbranson signing. It seems impossible.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
If Gudbranson is worth 4x4 (at least to one team), makes you wonder how much oel is actually overpaid. Can’t be more than a million dollars. Myers being a right d might be worth every penny.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Crazy how Gaudreau literally just said "I want to play in Columbus" and his agent calls Jarmo and says "Can you make it work"

Unreal.

Super happy for them as they've had a rough go with their stars the last number of years.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The Gudbranson factor?
There's an article that goes on about how he was always super impressed with the crowds and city. That and he has known guys (Werenski, Atkinson, Robinson) through various other means.

And they all said he would love it there.

Just utterly fascinating.

• Wow
Reactions: ziploc

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
There's an article that goes on about how he was always super impressed with the crowds and city. That and he has known guys (Werenski, Atkinson, Robinson) through various other means.

And they all said he would love it there.

Just utterly fascinating.
Which really drives home the importance of player connections, and highlights how badly Vegas is f***ing up.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Allvin mentioned yesterday that trades will take a while and probably later on in the summer. Could be bs but thats what he said that things slow down quite a bit after free agency

Rutherford, granted that's not Allvin, also said that the Canucks wouldn't have any 1st day signings so...

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I wonder if Motte is interested in signing with us for 1 million ? He deserves a bit more but he had a good home here
Motte is my number 1 target today for 1 million and then we make the trades we are gonna make
Pearson
Garland ( please no )
Miller
Myers
Dickinson
OEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad