GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I wonder if Vegas would consider trading Alex tuch. (4.75m x 6 years)
He’s 24 years old, 6’4 " and could play next to Jack

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I wonder if Vegas would consider trading Alex tuch. (4.75m x 6 years)
He’s 24 years old, 6’4 " and could play next to Jack

I don't think so. Maybe they move patches if they can, but I don't think they need to move that much.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
In some of rambling Bolt threads on the main trade board I did pick up a few points:
1) Russian scuttlebutt says Sergachev wants to stay in TB and it would take a huge offer for him to even consider signing a offer sheet. That means he will likely sign some version of their infamous bridge deals unless someone hits him with something crazy and that likely won’t happen. Also, I’m guessing BriseBois will look to move anything else outside of the “untouchables” before moving Sergachev. He would be great to get, I want him too, I just not sure they have to go nuclear option yet.

2) More importantly, TB, like many teams, often takes its sweet time with RFAs and we wouldn’t hear about unsigned offer sheets. Point signed his bridge deal in Sept 23, it could take a while to hear about finalized deals. Don’t expect closure anytime soon.

Vegas had a ticking bomb because of AP. It would benefit Tampa or anyone else who hoped to do a cap deal with NJ and the few other teams with space to do it as quickly as possible before another bogarted that space with a deal. Tampa might not be in that much of a hurry to sign the RFAs but cap relief moves presumably has to be coming sooner.

Then again Lou traded Malakhov to the Sharks on October 1st, slipping under the cap a week before the season started.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/devils-trade-malakhov-first-round-pick-to-sharks-for-two-players
Still think Koryluk can become a player for us :sarcasm:

Reactions: Guttersniped

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I think that the best way for the devils to secure a sergachev offer sheet would be by partnering up with another team.
If team A decides to offer sheet cirelli and nj offersheets sergachev at the exact same time, Tampa will really have their hands tied.

Reactions: mdj12784

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
woah woah, nobody is allowed to attack Fitzgerald yet!

even if we werent on Schmidts list, maybe hes a near 30 year old signed for five who they didnt think was that great. I know plenty of people who think Nate is overrated

but I will say this - entering next year with Murray on your top pair is not a good thing, especially in this current market. We gotta come away with another player for the defense. otherwise when Murray goes down you have Will Butcher playing 20+ atoi... YUCK

I wont hop off the Cernak train until hes signed or traded. Hes the size Fitz wants and a great defender. I dont need impeccable offense and transition game from every defender. Sergachev is an obvious one too but I doubt they move him first.. unless they simply cannot afford him but can afford Cernak, which doesnt seem likely
Every time someone mentions Cernak, I think of this:
Carnac.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He also has to sign the offer sheet.
Exactly. Huge offers meant something like 8m+, real crazy money. Sergachev is likely not signing a 6.5m offer sheet because he wants to stay in Tampa. Point might have turned down offer sheets worth more before he signed a bridge deal for 6.75m. My guess is he will wait until BriseBois has the money to sign him, he even might take a one year deal. Offer sheets aren’t magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad