Free Agency Rumours

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Has Frogren's deal been completed? Last I heard it was rejected by the NHL. Officially I do not believe he (or Ilya Nikulin for that matter) have signed - but I am entirely open to being corrected on this.

Well, it was reported at one time as done, which was enough to make him available given the number of links teams were able to provide, in some ways premature as they may have been. In the end, it just seems a matter of structuring the deal to meet the requirements of the NHL.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Link to Frogren NOT being under contract. I didn't make an offer purely based on this information, which was available within two days after Frogren's signing was originally reported.

Interestingly enough, the article suggests that Frogren is subject to entry-level contract rules, even though he's 28...

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Link to Frogren NOT being under contract. I didn't make an offer purely based on this information, which was available within two days after Frogren's signing was originally reported.

Interestingly enough, the article suggests that Frogren is subject to entry-level contract rules, even though he's 28...

Same Matt.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Link Interestingly enough, the article suggests that Frogren is subject to entry-level contract rules, even though he's 28...

Us HFNHL Leafs offered Frogren a maximum rookie contract hoping other teams would forget Frogren's status in the HFNHL :) To support Nick here, I do think though that it's somewhat understood from media sources that the Frogren contract hiccup is a temporary one and that his intent is to come to North America.

Anyways, if Frogren isn't available in round 1 free agency can we assume he'd be available in 2nd round? Seems pretty pointless though considering that you'll get 30 teams bidding on him anyways in 2nd round... might as well just make a 30 team lottery pick now and get it over with now...

Default101

Us HFNHL Leafs offered Frogren a maximum rookie contract hoping other teams would forget Frogren's status in the HFNHL :) To support Nick here, I do think though that it's somewhat understood from media sources that the Frogren contract hiccup is a temporary one and that his intent is to come to North America.

Anyways, if Frogren isn't available in round 1 free agency can we assume he'd be available in 2nd round? Seems pretty pointless though considering that you'll get 30 teams bidding on him anyways in 2nd round... might as well just make a 30 team lottery pick now and get it over with now...

I know i wouldnt bid more than my innitial contract on him ($700,000) so i would be out of that running, i'm not that confident about him, but wanted to take a shot at it anyways, i think it would be intresting to see what teams do offer him.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Teams were free to inquire as to his eligibility. As the saying goes, "you just had to ask". Some teams did inquire and submitted offers accordingly.

As to the entry level deal requirement, it's interesting to note even the NHL and it's teams are having trouble figuring out when it applies and when it doesn't. As such, life in the HFNHL is a little simpler.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Sergei Brylin signed with SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL last week, so looks like he'll be heading right for the prospect list of whomever signs him.

Yeah, more than likely that team is me (I'm thinking anyway). Which sucks, cause it takes up one of my few open roster spots under the 80, for a player I can't use.

Damn the KHL. Taking my back up goalie and my (likely) newly signed third line center. Guess I'll have to start working the trade market.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yeah, more than likely that team is me (I'm thinking anyway). Which sucks, cause it takes up one of my few open roster spots under the 80, for a player I can't use.

Damn the KHL. Taking my back up goalie and my (likely) newly signed third line center. Guess I'll have to start working the trade market.

Pretty sure you should have the option to release him outright, rather than have him go on your prospect list. Saves you the spot, anyway.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Has Frogren's deal been completed? Last I heard it was rejected by the NHL. Officially I do not believe he (or Ilya Nikulin for that matter) have signed - but I am entirely open to being corrected on this.

Rumour mention that Jonas Frogren has sign a four year deal with Tampa Bay Lightning. GM Martin Sedin refused to comment on the deal according to team policy.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Rumour has it that the Canes are attempting to bring back smashmouth hockey back to the league.

Also, the Canes GM has been seen with Tyler Hansborough, Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington. I wonder what Roy Williams might be thinking about this?

Is Elisha Cuthbert not getting enough of one Dion but needs two? The Canes GM was seen at some of the finest eateries in Raleigh with Ms Cuthbert. Onlookers said that these two were getting intimately close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad