GDT: Free agency madness, brought to you by the letter G

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Curious to see what happens when camp opens as the first questions asked by anyone will be about Formenton/Batherson's involvement. Really wish Dorion would get out in front of it now to try and let the dust settle by then.

Like there's no way those two will face the media 6 weeks from now or whenever camp opens without having addressed this stuff first.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I’m old enough to remember the days where we’d log into if boards and read about the Ottawa senators hockey team

Trades, signings, prospects, lineups

It was a blast
Im not sure why mods are continuing to allow this discussion to occur in a thread that should be about free agency and trades. In fact, this board is supposed to be about talking hockey not scandals and speculating about players involved.

If anything it should be put in “around the NHL thread”

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Holy hell. Now Hockey Canada says a similar event occurred in Halifax in 2003. WTF is wrong with hockey culture at the highest levels?
Probably something to do with “alpha males” and pack mentality. I’m sure there will be some theories come out soon.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
There are some people on here that want Batherson and Formenton to be guilty so badly just so they get the opportunity to stand on their soapbox and admonish them. "Look at me I am a Sens fan and I am condemning some of our young starts because they did something bad and I won't stand for that!"

You people are sick narcissists. Leave these kids alone and let the law sort things out. No one's been charged with a crime, not a single person and you already want to watch the lives of these 8 kids burn for your personal satisfaction. Sick. Very sick.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
There are some people on here that want Batherson and Formenton to be guilty so badly just so they get the opportunity to stand on their soapbox and admonish them. "Look at me I am a Sens fan and I am condemning some of our young starts because they did something bad and I won't stand for that!"

You people are sick narcissists. Leave these kids alone and let the law sort things out. No one's been charged with a crime, not a single person and you already want to watch the lives of these 8 kids burn for your personal satisfaction. Sick. Very sick.
I can guarantee you that not a single Ottawa Senators fan (or at least a fan that's hardcore enough to post on these boards) "wants" Batherson and Formenton to be guilty.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Get off your soapbox.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Stupid post.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The lack of rumours/ reports regarding bringing in a top-pair right d-man might suggest that there’s nothing cooking right now. Even Bruce is quiet. Time for me to take a break from the forum and go fishing.

Reactions: Loach

StutzMeister

Jun 16, 2022
Star hockey players (high school, college, junior hockey, NHL) attract pretty young women called "puck bunnies"- FACT. Star music band members attract "groupies"...rich men attract "gold diggers". Why everyone is so surprised that these men feel entitled? Temptations everywhere. Formula for disaster and culture of exploitation. Not surprising in the least. I will wait for everything to play out before i condemn or convict anyone. Sad state of affairs.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The lack of rumours/ reports regarding bringing in a top-pair right d-man might suggest that there’s nothing cooking right now. Even Bruce is quiet. Time for me to take a break from the forum and go fishing.
I believe Bruce tweeted a week or two ago about taking some holidays, so that’s at least the silence on his end covered.

Happy fishing!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Literally everyone wants the opposite.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Bruce is on vacation. He posted something about being on vacation and not being on Twitter for a few weeks.
I’m hoping to be pleasantly blindsided with good news again from PD and stop thinking about the Hockey Canada mess.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Or maybe people are tired of a culture where the wealthy, the influential, the professional athlete, the member of Hollywood, the pop singer, the well-connected and others of the sort seem to get away with every single indiscretion. It's compounded by the fact that these people are so often white men who seem to act with impunity and a lack of consequences.

There's nothing narcissistic about this. What we've seen unfold over the last 50 years and the way that the affected are often the least powerful class of persons in society is real. If you think these kinds of cases often end up with criminal charges, it's because you live with a naive understanding of how law enforcement pursues these cases and investigates sexual assault.

No one wants to watch anyone burn, unless they deserve it. Look around at what's happening in our political landscape and step down from your f***ing ivory tower.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Jesus is cap space valued at a premium this off-season

27YR old top 6 forward on a good contract in Bjorkstrand just went for a 3rd + 4th

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Or maybe people are tired of a culture where the wealthy, the influential, the professional athlete, the member of Hollywood, the pop singer, the well-connected and others of the sort seem to get away with every single indiscretion. It's compounded by the fact that these people are so often white men who seem to act with impunity and a lack of consequences.

There's nothing narcissistic about this. What we've seen unfold over the last 50 years and the way that the affected are often the least powerful class of persons in society is real. If you think these kinds of cases often end up with criminal charges, it's because you live with a naive understanding of how law enforcement pursues these cases and investigates sexual assault.

No one wants to watch anyone burn, unless they deserve it. Look around at what's happening in our political landscape and step down from your f***ing ivory tower.

I like this post

Reactions: guyzeur

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm starting to think PD tried but failed to get a top 4 D and barring a new development, we probably won't get one.

I believe the Flames should blow it up and rebuild and that that means Tanev should be available (unless he has a NTC?) but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Calgary ownership refuses to rebuild and so Tanev is not going to get traded.

Bit of a bummer, we really need to improve the D but getting DBC and Giroux is pretty exciting already. I don't want to be too harsh on PD, especially since it sounds like he had deals lined up for a D but that they fell through. I'd love to know why we didn't get Marino....

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Great post.

I saw a quote that I thought put it well. Something to the effect of, "Your son is significantly more likely to be sexually assaulted than to be falsely accused of doing it to someone else. Sexual assault is the epidemic, not false accusations."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad