Speculation: Free agency III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think they'll go get Ladd since he fits Bergevin and MT's vision of where the team is headed. We overpay, 4x6.5m for 26m

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Andrew Ladd 4 years at 5.5 per.
Loui Eriksson 5 years at 6.5 per.

Obviously shed some salary over the summer.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
that poster does the same thing ever ufa season and trade deadline and you guys fall for it every time...

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I'd like Ladd and Staal (I know, I know - attrocious last season and fairly "quiet"). I think it would solidify our top 9 and we'd get rid of DD once and for all.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

This was probably posted in the last thread but... I have a feeling he's not the only UFA with that same attitude.

This was reported a couple of days ago I believe.

As for today...I would rather play with Shea Weber than PK Subban.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa

This was probably posted in the last thread but... I have a feeling he's not the only UFA with that same attitude.
Well, the best "UFA" met with us this week (Stamkos)... So we can't be that unattractive. Rumor is that Okposo wants nothing to do with the canadian market... So screw him

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Don't blame him at all. He's free to choose where he wants to go and playing in the media crazy Montreal for Michel Therrien likely isn't very appealing to him.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Ladd is a solid top-six. That would be really good.
It's more Staal that I have my doubts about, but I'd take Staal over DD any day and since we don't really have another top 6 centreman coming up any time soon, might be a good stop gap.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Pretty ****ing arrogant if this is verbatim. I wouldn't want a player that closed minded tbh. **** him. There are actually plenty of options out there this year.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Don't blame him at all. He's free to choose where he wants to go and playing in the media crazy Montreal for Michel Therrien likely isn't very appealing to him.

Will he end up in any Canadian city? Doubt it. Hate to say it, but when it comes to free-agents the table is tilted south of the border.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Montreal sing theses player to play with DD
Dale Weise at 2.5 a year for 3 years
Matt Martin at 2.8 a year for 4 years

could be a nice 3 line

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have some cap space. Several teams don't. Some players will consider signing in Montreal because of that fact.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's more Staal that I have my doubts about, but I'd take Staal over DD any day and since we don't really have another top 6 centreman coming up any time soon, might be a good stop gap.

Agreed. But I think we're stuck with Desharnais at this point. The only hope is he stays on the 3rd line with 3rd line minutes and no PP.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Canadian markets get so ****ed by provincial sales tax. Honestly, having health care kills sports teams but make life a lot better for citizens. I know I'm repeating myself but I cannot for the life of me understand why there isn't a sliding scale cap to compensate for the tax discrepancies. Oh wait, yes I can; the NHL only cares about building the league in the States. The place where Canadian teams help keep teams with revenue sharing, so they can take the best players because they don't want their citizens to have health care.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Pretty ****ing arrogant if this is verbatim. I wouldn't want a player that closed minded tbh. **** him. There are actually plenty of options out there this year.

We won't have a player that close minded because he won't sign here.

No big deal, it's his career and his life, he probably wants to spend the next 6 or so years elsewhere.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Agreed. But I think we're stuck with Desharnais at this point. The only hope is he stays on the 3rd line with 3rd line minutes and no PP.

I refuse to believe we're stuck with him. Toronto traded David Clarkson ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad