GDT: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I like Laughton or Konency to Ottawa. Tatar on a cheaper deal than Senko would be a good choice too.
First two would be amazing. Particularly Konecny.

What would we need to give up? top 10 protected 1st+Jarventie+rights to Formenton? I know they'll ask for Greig but should be a no go there. We'll have to send Joseph back (which then means we give Greig or sweeten pot somehow).

Konecny-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Kubalik

I think that's a cup winning top 9.

Cap speaking, might be better to pursue Laughton. Could be better for makeup of our team due to PP allotment and PK and the like.

Lol, could easily be Formenton filling that role, smh.

Reactions: scout20

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
First two would be amazing. Particularly Konecny.

What would we need to give up? top 10 protected 1st+Jarventie+rights to Formenton? I know they'll ask for Greig but should be a no go there. We'll have to send Joseph back (which then means we give Greig or sweeten pot somehow).

Konecny-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Kubalik

I think that's a cup winning top 9.

Cap speaking, might be better to pursue Laughton. Could be better for makeup of our team due to PP allotment and PK and the like.

Lol, could easily be Formenton filling that role, smh.
I think it will cost Greig for sure. Maybe 2024 conditional 1st from Boston/Detroit, Greig, Joseph. But not sure it's worth it if we gdt Konency for 2 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Would rather take Garland for free than trade a TON of assets for Konecny and then pay him 8.5 in 2 years.
Or trade him for pennies at the dollar or let him walk just like Debrincat could have. Like are people serious here with Konecny? Sure he is a good player but what literally just happened with Debrincat.... Contract situation is identical. He is also small and gets hurt alot. Love the way he plays but his body is already beat up.

The sens should not be spending any more assets there are serviceable UFA's out there. They have 5 legit first line forwards and a terrific third line center who will be a top 6 forward too.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Correction on a previous post I made. We have 20 players signed with $5 million of projected cap space. We have to sign Pinto yet. I forget to include the LTIR players (two of them - Forsberg & Norris). Its still not a lot to work with to sign a player like Tarasenko though unless something else happens (Murray bought out, or another player moved).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I say no to Konency because this could just be another Debrincat situation waiting to happen.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Or trade him for pennies at the dollar or let him walk just like Debrincat could have. Like are people serious here with Konecny? Sure he is a good player but what literally just happened with Debrincat.... Contract situation is identical. He is also small and gets hurt alot. Love the way he plays but his body is already beat up.

The sens should not be spending any more assets there are serviceable UFA's out there. They have 5 legit first line forwards and a terrific third line center who will be a top 6 forward too.

The injuries issue is completely valid. Konecny is from ON, played most of his CHL in Ottawa and we will very likely talk with him before. The only issue will be his extension after 2 years. Getting Konecny likely opens our window next year, though.

He is nothing like DeBrincat on the extension front. Except for possible(likely) big payday.

I like the idea of getting Garland for free, but I think we made a stance of also moving on from DeBrincat cause of style of play, we should stick by that fully and go after hard-working, hard to play against bulldogs like Laughton.

I can see argument of 1st+prospect for Laughton vs Garland for free, though. Maybe even with sending back Joseph.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I hope we don’t say this about every single player ever from now on.
When the contract situation is identical its going to come up. If he had term already no problem go for it. But thats not the case, I also have concerns over his injury history.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope we don’t say this about every single player ever from now on.

I think this team needs to start making the playoffs on a consistent basis before pulling off another trade like this just to show these soon to be ufas that the Sens can be competitive.

Konency is currently on a shitty team like the Flyers, i doubt he is going to want to extend on another team who hasn't shown yet that they can even make the playoffs in the first place.

I rather just roll the dice with either Tarasenko or Tatar. The only thing these 2 players will cost us is money and cap space.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

We have to stop giving away assets. I’m down for a UFA option.

Edit: I suppose trade is a better verb than give, but without term and control it’s not too far apart.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think this team needs to start making the playoffs on a consistent basis before pulling off another trade like this just to show these soon to be ufas that the Sens can be competitive.

Konency is currently on a shitty team like the Flyers, i doubt he is going to want to extend on another team who hasn't shown yet that they can even make the playoffs in the first place.

I rather just roll the dice with either Tarasenko or Tatar. The only thing these 2 players will cost us is money and cap space.
I hope we have the coach that can consistently pull us into the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad