Prospect Info: Frederik Tiffels (Left wing | Western Michigan (NCHC) | 6th round, 167th overall)

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Pens announcers should have enough practice with german names now.
How about the next step:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11844

He is a very solid hockey player too. Only need to ask Dallas Fans who saw him with Benn during lockout. Its a mystery for me why he never got the chance to play NHL. Maybe poor scouting in Germany.

No, it`s not a mystery. I`ve seen him play a bunch. He is solid yes, but lacks the overall game to play in the NHL. However, he was connected to the KHL, but it never happend.

He was a product of David Wolf, who is with the Calgary Flames at the moment. Wolf used to create space for Flaake, who would then use the gained space to finish a play. You can see in his stats that his goal output dropped sicnificantly to the two years he prior played with Wolf. (Yes, I`m aware he played less games)

As for Tiffels; Best friend of Leon Draisaitl, play well with a playmaking center and he has good speed, but not Haglin like...

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Tiffels was a lone bright spot for Team Germany at this year's World Juniors in the absence of Leon Draisaitl, and has carried that play over to the Broncos. Tiffels has elite speed which makes him difficult for defenders to handle in one-on-one situations. He's just missed being drafted the past two seasons, but should be picked this year after showing how his game translates at both the international and NCAA level.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...spects-ncaa-81-90-free-agent-draft/in/7830396

Came across that little report on Tiffels. Ranked 89th best college prospect by that site in February.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
No, it`s not a mystery. I`ve seen him play a bunch. He is solid yes, but lacks the overall game to play in the NHL. However, he was connected to the KHL, but it never happend.

He was a product of David Wolf, who is with the Calgary Flames at the moment. Wolf used to create space for Flaake, who would then use the gained space to finish a play. You can see in his stats that his goal output dropped sicnificantly to the two years he prior played with Wolf. (Yes, I`m aware he played less games)...

I see this different. You see this in international games. In 23 games for Germany Flaake had 12 points. Wolf had in 18 games 4 points.
Or in international juniors 41 points in 49 games for Flaake. 2 points in 11 games for Wolf. Flaake doesnt need Wolf to score.
Both are different players for me Flaake is the more skilled player.Wolf has the advantage in physical play. But Flaake is 6'3 with 203 lbs so he shouldnt have a problem with physical play in the NHL too.
If Plachta gets a chance to play for the Coyotes who is sure the weaker player why Flaake shouldnt get atleast a chance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad