Prospect Info: Frederik Dichow Nissen (Signs 2 Year Deal w/Frolunda, 2022-2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Are we going to lose him?

There’s 5 days left, I’ll be surprised if they don’t offer him a two years contract and let him play one more in Europe.

We have Allen, Montembeault, Primeau and Dobes but things could change pretty quickly as soon as camp starts.

It would make no sense not to offer him a contract.

Reactions: Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would sign him. Let's hope they do.

Same here. He's still under contract at Frolunda for next year, so you sign him to his ELC and leave him there for the year. And then a year from now, when he's coming over, you see where you are with the goaltending situation.

At this moment, the only goalie who is not under contract following next year is Monty. Allen, Primeau (who needs waivers) & Dobes are all signed beyond 2024.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Take Jacob Fowler or Hrabal or Augustine this draft, then you have Allen, Monty, Primeau, Dobes in the pros, as well as Croteau and one of the 3 aforementioned could be in the system.

Despite that, I'd still sign Dichow.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I still don't understand it, especially with the risk of losing Primeau to waivers.

Well, it's not like Dichow is going to come in & replace him if we do lose him. That's a pro hockey depth issue.

We'll see if Vrbetic comes back. We lose his NHL rights June 1st too, so it's really doubtful he does.

We'll need to sign at least one goalie to an AHLC. Maybe another goalie to either an ELC, or NHL two-way depending on whether they think Primeau is gone. We'll need a #3 goalie in that case, so Dobes can play a year in AHL without forcing a recall.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Well, it's not like Dichow is going to come in & replace him if we do lose him. That's a pro hockey depth issue.

We'll see if Vrbetic comes back. We lose his NHL rights June 1st too, so it's really doubtful he does.

We'll need to sign at least one goalie to an AHLC. Maybe another goalie to either an ELC, or NHL two-way depending on whether they think Primeau is gone. We'll need a #3 goalie in that case, so Dobes can play a year in AHL without forcing a recall.
Bring back Poulin for the AHL/NHL goalie. He has experience, but isn't very good, so he's not likely to steal games for the Habs while they suck for another season.

There's also Gajan, Suchanek and Milic the Habs can draft to get some depth back

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Bring back Poulin for the AHL/NHL goalie. He has experience, but isn't very good, so he's not likely to steal games for the Habs while they suck for another season.

There's also Gajan, Suchanek and Milic the Habs can draft to get some depth back

Nah, Poulin sucks. He's been on an AHLC last 2 years, and we need an upgrade there.

If we lose Primeau to waivers we'll need a #3 goalie. Preferably someone with some experience, but who also won't get claimed.

Gajan & Suchanek won't be pros next year. Gajan is going NCAA & Suchanek will go back to Tri-City.

Only Milic can turn pro. We'll have to wait & see if he gets drafted. He would more likely be in TR to start.

Montembeault - Montreal
Allen - Montreal

Primeau (claimed)

Dobes - Laval
pro goalie - Laval

Milic - TR

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He gone

Also sounds like there is an obscure cause in the CBA that permits Habs to hold the rights to Vrbetic until 2025, which would be like he was drafted out of Europe or NCAA even though he was drafted out of the CHL.

So if that's the case, Habs might end up signing him to an AHL deal again. The report says Habs spoke to Vrbetic's agent this week. So if Laval doesn't re-sign Poulin, I could see them have Dobes and Vrbetic as the tandem in Laval, which would be in line with what the team will mostly be comprised of: youth.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Also sounds like there is an obscure cause in the CBA that permits Habs to hold the rights to Vrbetic until 2025, which would be like he was drafted out of Europe or NCAA even though he was drafted out of the CHL.

So if that's the case, Habs might end up signing him to an AHL deal again. The report says Habs spoke to Vrbetic's agent this week. So if Laval doesn't re-sign Poulin, I could see them have Dobes and Vrbetic as the tandem in Laval, which would be in line with what the team will mostly be comprised of: youth.
Very interesting.

Had he known about the clause, I'm not sure Vrbetic would have signed that AHL/ECHL deal. Now some of his possibilites are blocked (Reentering the draft, signing a NHL contract as a UFA).

Laval can re-sign him to a AHL contract but technically he's still free to sign with the AHL or European team of his choice or even go the USports route.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can't wait to see who gets him now. If I'm a team, while i wasn't that much of a fan, just like I'm not that much of a Dobes fan either, there still should be takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad