Fraser/Franson One of the top 3rd pairings in NHL?

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
What do you think?
+/- stats , Franson's offense, Fraser's toughness....one of the best 3rd pairings in the NHL this year?

Its tough to say, i dont know many third paring d in the nhl to give franson and fraser best in the league. Franson gets alot of pp time so thats why he has alot of points, but they are very good. I really like fraser.

Hockeylaw

Jan 16, 2013
Hard not to be happy with this pairing. Difficult to say if they are the best third pairing in the league. Franson certainly has an excellent points per minute ratio... 17th defenceman in the league in scoring, and everyone above him plays at least four minutes or more a night. I also love having Fraser on the back end. Tough, scrappy, and relatively calm with the puck.

I could see Franson paired with Gardiner in the future.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
They both played 19+ mins tonight. I'd say they're the best 3rd pairing. Won't say they're a good 2nd as the sample size isn't great, but +17 and +12 is damn impressive.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
+/- is stupid.

and Gardiner/Liles are clearly the 2nd pairing.

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT
They're eating up soft competition but they're destroying it on most nights in terms of shot differential. Couldn't be happier. Maybe a better version of Fraser.

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
how is plus minus stupid?? I think it tells a story!! sometimes there is a bit of luck but in Fraser/Fransons case you dont put up that kinda numbers defensively unless you are getting a significant edge against other 3rd line competition...I argue why they arent out there on the penalty kill more often...and Why Korbinon Holzer was on the 1st pairing with Phaneuf for so long? What was Carlyles big hardon for him???? Now, he has Liles and Gardiner playing together and there soft in the own end...good puckmovers its just that they should be broken up in my opinion..
Actaully other then last game i realize that franson/fraser were on the ice for 2 goals against, but other then that it is very rare to see them on the ice for any goal against....phaneuf/ holzer or phaneuf/gunnarson....are out on the ice all the time for goals against....I do like Phaneuf but he needs a reliable partner to play 1st line minutes with him...DEFENCE WINS GAMES.....not flash...

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
how is plus minus stupid?? I think it tells a story!! sometimes there is a bit of luck but in Fraser/Fransons case you dont put up that kinda numbers defensively unless you are getting a significant edge against other 3rd line competition...I argue why they arent out there on the penalty kill more often...and Why Korbinon Holzer was on the 1st pairing with Phaneuf for so long? What was Carlyles big hardon for him???? Now, he has Liles and Gardiner playing together and there soft in the own end...good puckmovers its just that they should be broken up in my opinion..
Actaully other then last game i realize that franson/fraser were on the ice for 2 goals against, but other then that it is very rare to see them on the ice for any goal against....phaneuf/ holzer or phaneuf/gunnarson....are out on the ice all the time for goals against....I do like Phaneuf but he needs a reliable partner to play 1st line minutes with him...DEFENCE WINS GAMES.....not flash...

Plus minus is a terrible stat that doesn't tell you what the other 4 guys on the ice are doing. It also doesn't tell you how great or crummy your goaltender has been which plays a huge role in the state. Its easier to be a plus player playing in front of Rinne or Lundqvist than it is in front of Bryzgalov.

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
Plus minus is a terrible stat that doesn't tell you what the other 4 guys on the ice are doing. It also doesn't tell you how great or crummy your goaltender has been which plays a huge role in the state. Its easier to be a plus player playing in front of Rinne or Lundqvist than it is in front of Bryzgalov.

Reimer has been fairly terawful (terrible and awful) since coming back from injury. We also need a ****ing goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad