Jameson Olive: Frantic February awaits Panthers upon return from All-Star break

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I will be heading to one of those B2B hope they will still have enough in the tank to bring it against the islanders. Not only will it be the second of a b2b but it will be the third game in 4 nights.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that I pulled some strings and got your name added to our prefix list. Scroll down the prefix list when you're making a thread and it's there. :nod:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The problem is there is so much room after the Panthers they could go 5-10 eliminating their slim playoff hopes yet not lose any ground in the standings.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm not. I can only imagine how miserable these boards will be if the team doesn't do well.

Especially if we get eliminated by 2 or 3 points. People will look back and say if only we won this game and if only we got at least one point here. Always freaking torture. Then, worse, if we draft anywhere from 6 to 15, usually means we finished outside the playoffs. Drafting anywhere from 6-10 will be torture, so close to McD yet so far. I don't give a crap about what's available between those picks, it's most likely never going to work out and I'm simply growing tired of waiting.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I honestly think the Cats have to win 10 of 15 in Feb. Can't make the playoffs alternatings wins and losses anymore now that Boston is back to being Boston.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I reeeeeally want to keep hope alive that Feb won't be the nail in the coffin. My cautious optimism from the start of the year has turned a bit sour.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I honestly think the Cats have to win 10 of 15 in Feb. Can't make the playoffs alternatings wins and losses anymore now that Boston is back to being Boston.

I think its done man Boston is playing well and no one else is even close. But at the same time no point not caring if they lose because no one is behind them, catch 22.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I just don't see it. I'd love for them to prove me wrong. So far, they've lost to just about every Eastern playoff team except DET. A couple of the Western ones were better, but I haven't seen that team for about a month. Tough row to hoe. If they pull back into this one, they will have truly earned it and will be a difficult out. Perhaps it's still a year away....

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

so about 6 pts ever 5 games.

great minds think alike.

congrats to having your own prefix! btw everyone jameson is one of the few bloggers who speaks highly of hf on twitter ... kudos to him.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
so about 6 pts ever 5 games.

great minds think alike.

congrats to having your own prefix! btw everyone jameson is one of the few bloggers who speaks highly of hf on twitter ... kudos to him.

Thanks! Always a fun site to pop in a look around. VAST amount of differing opinions here. Good place to take the pulse of the diehards.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Thanks! Always a fun site to pop in a look around. VAST amount of differing opinions here. Good place to take the pulse of the diehards.

The diehards are constantly wondering why our offense almost always looks out of sync and the powerplay is completely abysmal ever since Dale Tallon came to Florida and what Dale plans to do to fix that.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The diehards are constantly wondering why our offense almost always looks out of sync and the powerplay is completely abysmal ever since Dale Tallon came to Florida and what Dale plans to do to fix that.

Hasn't always been abysmal, it's been either really good or really bad: 2011-12: 7th | 2012-2013: 6th | 2013-14: 30th | 2014-15: 29t

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Tell you one thing, many of us STH's ponder whether this is the year I finally don't renew....

I like what I've seen this year but honestly the last few games they've looked out of gas. And with that go the little things that made them successful in much of the first half.

As has been said, teams only get better as the season wears on. Our young guns have to find that mental and physical reserve. Lu's got it, Campbell has it, Mitchell has it. Fourth line is ok and so are Bergy and Kulikov. Hubie by now probably. Bjugstad and Barkov I doubt, and I wonder whether Ekblad, Hayes and Pirri can keep up the pace, playing 12-15+ per game. There're enough guys who may not have what it takes to compete all season that I can't honestly be really optimistic about playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Not true

the year they went to the playoffs they were awesome. We all know what ingredients are missing now.

DT has also said he is well aware we are deperate for a scorer and sure that in itself would change things.

Jameson is a great resource for specific questions and someowne with locker room access. Probably smart to treat him accordingly.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not true

the year they went to the playoffs they were awesome. We all know what ingredients are missing now.

DT has also said he is well aware we are deperate for a scorer and sure that in itself would change things.

Jameson is a great resource for specific questions and someowne with locker room access. Probably smart to treat him accordingly.

Yeah even in the shortened season when we finished last, we had the 6th best power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00