Frans Nielsen to represent Wings at All Star Game

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't see why it is him but whatever. Was really hoping Mantha would get the nod but didn't expect it. I'd rather hank get the rest.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Vanek, Mantha and maybe even Zetterberg deserve it more than him.
Have to assume both Z and Vanek made it clear they didn't want to go. And it's not very easy for rookies to get the nod. Still, if they want to create a fun event they should not select guys like Nielsen.. what is going to do, win the penalty kill stage of the skills competition?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wow, the one player who I probably could not care less about on this team.

Mantha would have been another great story and I'm sure he would have been more entertaining to watch.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
8-14-22 and a minus-12 is the stat line for Detroit's All-Star. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I mean, I get how Z and Vanek might prefer the R&R, but Mantha has nearly identical production in 15 fewer games, and is leaps and bounds more exciting to watch.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I think they spelled Vanek wrong. lol

Maybe if the wings organization wasn't so anti-prospect and played Mantha from opening day he could have represented us with some better point totals.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Does this create maybe the slightest trade value ?

"An all star can be yours for ony a 5th round pick." (please ignore contract and sign here).... decent sales pitch.

Seriously, would love to be able to get out from under this contract right away.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Mantha would get contract negotiation leverage for an ASG appearance.

Nielsen is signed and won't get nearly as much leverage because he ceiling is known, it also makes him a greater value in a trade option.

Not that other GM's would fall for the trade option piece, but I believe for internal negotiation the ASG item is a big deal. Holland has always played ball, so I can see favors of this small size being done and easy.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Would have picked him or mantha. His stick handling is underrated and they usually do a shootout during one of the events. He will make us proud.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
The only Wing deserving to go to the ASG is Howard and he's injured, so whatever. Do us proud, Frans!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad