Signing(s): Frank Gore to Jets

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Gotta pad those career stats so people will think he's an all-time great.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good for him that he can keep playing at his age, RBs never last this long (especially ones that don't really factor into the passing game)

He'll probably make the HHOF due to his placement on the yards list.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Is Matt Ryan an all-time great?

I asked about Frank Gore. Not Matt Ryan (who would probably be hyped if his team didn't blow a 25 points lead in the Super Bowl and he played in a bigger market). However, I still think Gore was a more dominant player at his position than Ryan was at is, not to mention the consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I asked about Frank Gore. Not Matt Ryan (who would probably be hyped if his team didn't blow a 25 points lead in the Super Bowl and he played in a bigger market). However, I still think Gore was a more dominant player at his position than Ryan was at is, not to mention the consistency.

Gore wasnt dominant though. He was 2nd team all-pro just once in his career. Never led the league in any category and was only top 5 once in scrimmage yards.

Is he an all-time great just because he hung around on some mediocre teams the last 6 years compiling career stats?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Gore is like the Patrick Marleau of the NFL. His breakout year was incredible though.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Gore wasnt dominant though. He was 2nd team all-pro just once in his career. Never led the league in any category and was only top 5 once in scrimmage yards.

Is he an all-time great just because he hung around on some mediocre teams the last 6 years compiling career stats?
Durability accounts for a lot with RBs.

Reactions: TheGooooch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad