Francois Allaire's goalie camp 2015 a.k.a. Varlamov will NOT be there

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
Maybe he can't WORK in another country. I don't know, it doesn't add up to me.

this is what i was thinking, but it also could be that hes allowed to go to russia (where hes from) and his visa since the DV may have been modified to not include anywhere else besides USA, Canada and Russia

if only the Olympics were somewhere else last year...then maybe we woulda known then if he was allowed to travel and work elsewhere?

or it might could be that he has to clear travel with someone now? and he just didnt want to bother?

i really interested

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Considering Allaire is an Avalanche employee, he should have done the camp in the US or Canada in order to have Varlamov there. Seems pretty silly to do it somewhere he's not allowed to be. Although I know this is his goalie camp in general not an Avalanche only thing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not a lawyer but I don't think there's much to the suit. And then anyone's ex can sue them civically for something and prevent them from leaving the country.

The border sucks if you're not a citizen, especially if your passport is from a country that isn't on the best terms with the USA. So I wouldn't be surprised if a simple civil suit was enough to **** with visa status.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
The border sucks if you're not a citizen, especially if your passport is from a country that isn't on the best terms with the USA. So I wouldn't be surprised if a simple civil suit was enough to **** with visa status.

yea im guessing they modified his visa a little bit to only allow him to work in the USA and Canada and Russia

one of my employees is from England and he got into a fight and had to hire an expert lawyer to make sure the charges were friendly ones to those who could be deported

who knows?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well, he hurt himself at the camp last year, and that probably didn't help his training, and maybe led to him getting hurt a few times to start the year.

Maybe it's a good thing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Allaire does this yearly in Switzerland... and has done it for a long time (probably for over 20 years now). It is his own thing. If he wants to get time in with Varly this year, it can easily be arranged.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nothing against Eurolanche and their source but this just seems very hard to believe. Has anyone else reported it? I don't know much about US law but how can his movement be restricted when he has been cleared of all criminal charges?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Nothing against Eurolanche and their source but this just seems very hard to believe. Has anyone else reported it? I don't know much about US law but how can his movement be restricted when he has been cleared of all criminal charges?

Hard to say, I'd be surprised if a civil suit can affect his travel. I'm not versed int he law though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It depends on your country's agreement with the USA, but you don't need to be convicted of a crime for it to effect your visa status or any restrictions they want to place on it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You don't need to be convicted of a crime for it to effect your visa status or any restrictions they want to place on it.

Yep... never doubt anything when it comes to US immigration.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So Varly didn't go to this thing and Berra/Pickard both did.

Don't want to read much into it, but 2 of the 3 are having great starts and 1 isn't.

Anyways, just want to say that Allaire is a God and I'd trust him with any goaltender. Berra doesn't even look like the same goaltender that we acquired a year and a half ago. He's an Allaire goalie now, from minimizing his lateral movement to the high glove stance to everything. He's *gotten* it.

We may have problems with coaches, but definitely not with goalie coaches. Great stuff.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Varly has been to enough of his camps and gets enough daily contact with Allaire that I wouldn't put any significance on it. Roman Will was there too, I hope Spencer Martin gets invited next year.

I'll use this thread to ask a question I've been pondering. Is Allaire the goalie whisperer or what here? This is the second time this has happened where our backup has gone on an incredible streak of play. I know that's not exactly uncommon in the league for the backup to do so. Maybe players are more mindful to play defense in front of a backup and such. But can Allaire make anyone good or anyone of a certain type? Can he make our young guys good too? Pickard said in an interview recently that Allaire teaches a pretty rigid system.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think Varly has been to enough of his camps and gets enough daily contact with Allaire that I wouldn't put any significance on it. Roman Will was there too, I hope Spencer Martin gets invited next year.

I'll use this thread to ask a question I've been pondering. Is Allaire the goalie whisperer or what here? This is the second time this has happened where our backup has gone on an incredible streak of play. I know that's not exactly uncommon in the league for the backup to do so. Maybe players are more mindful to play defense in front of a backup and such. But can Allaire make anyone good or anyone of a certain type? Can he make our young guys good too? Pickard said in an interview recently that Allaire teaches a pretty rigid system.

According to leaf fans hes a goalie killa

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Allaire has to see something he likes in the goaltender and he'll work with them. Hence the reason the Avs targeted Berra specifically and payed a heavy price for him, he's Allaire's guy. Of course, Scrivens was the first choice I believe but Allaire liked them both and got one of them. The reason I don't believe Allaire worked in Toronto is because I don't think he had much say in the goaltenders acquired, nor were the goalies receptive to him at all. James Reimer comes to mind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad