Franchise mode sign and trade FA morale off

odk

Jan 3, 2015
I am playing Franchise mode on nhl 19 with the Edmonton Oilers. I am playing full sim setting and with morale off. The reason i decided to turn morale off was because i was expecting the AI teams to not handle the cap very well and their star players leaving in FA because of it. This is something that has plagued the nhl series for years. So what i am going to do and have done is sign those star players and trade them back to original team. Who sometimes have the cap space but don`t sign the player because of "rebuilding" tag in the off-season. I am not including FA that wants away from a club. I am now at 2022 and i have signed Gaudreau to 7 year deal and traded him back to Calgary for a 7th rounder. I have done 3 more this type signing and trading this off-season. The busiest off-season so far in that regard.

My team has reached the cup finals 3 times in a row. I have won 1 cup. I only sim. I have had strong regular seasons with 100,110,110 points. PP 24% PK 89%. GFA 3.15 GAA 2.00
This year is like a disaster has struck the team. I`m sitting at 32% win prc. with 2.09 GF and 3.79 GAA. PP 4.18% and PK 70% in 20 desember 2022. The 3rd worst team in nhl.
The only off season change in the team is Yamamoto 84 ovr and Koskinen 82 ovr. The players that have come in for them is Yaroslav Askarov 83 ovr and Dylan Cozens 82 ovr.

Here is the team i am now playing with:
Kovalchuck 84 - McDavid 96 - Puljujarvi 87
Panarin 91 - Draisatl 92 - Nugent Hopkins 88
Martinook 79 - McLeod 83 - Cozens 82
Benson 79 - Khaira 79 - Kassian 78

Nurse 84 - Karlsson 95
Klefbom 86 - Larsson 85
Olofsson 80-Bouchard 84

Skinner 82
Askarov 83

My question to all of you is have you experienced something similar? I know in seasons past the nhl series has been a crapshoot regarding sim results. But my experience with nhl 19 is that they have fixed that and the best teams on paper is the best teams in the playoffs. When i see other team in the sim that seems to be the case. Is the reason for collaps on my team the off-season sign and trades even though i have turned morale off or is it something else. I would like to hear your input.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
My question to all of you is have you experienced something similar? I know in seasons past the nhl series has been a crapshoot regarding sim results. But my experience with nhl 19 is that they have fixed that and the best teams on paper is the best teams in the playoffs. When i see other team in the sim that seems to be the case. Is the reason for collaps on my team the off-season sign and trades even though i have turned morale off or is it something else. I would like to hear your input.

you lost alot of depth in your forwards, you have to make sure your third and fourth lines are over 80 overall, when i did my fantasy draft, i had forwards that were over 80 overall and i won the Stanley cup twice. try that and get back to me.

odk

Jan 3, 2015
This is my 2020 stanley cup champions team:

Nugent Hopkins 87 - McDavid 96 - Puljujarvi 85
Panarin 90 - Draisatl 90 - Spooner 82
Jurco 77 - Filppula 78 - Yamamoto 80
Benson 79 - Khaira 80 - Kassian 77

Nurse 83 - Karlsson 95
Klefbom 87 - Larsson 85
Gravel 77 -Bouchard 79

Koskinen 84
Howard 82

Look at the relatively weak 3rd line and bottom 6 defense. Yet i still won the cup. What is more important then overall is individual stats imo, and that those stats gel well with the players on the line. Look at my 3rd line. Filppula was the defensively sound 2wf, yamamoto the playmaker and jurco the sniper. The line was great together even though their overalls does not scream 3rd line. I would not have won the cup without jurco`s goals in crucial part of the playoffs.

Do you think the off-season FA sign and trade could have had a negative impact on the team as a hole? Because the whole team is playing bad not just some players.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
oh ok sorry, i was a little confused, it depends on what players have good stats, if you get players that have bad stats, they wont produce, your team will not play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad