FPHL Looking at Topeka

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Just when you think a hockey town has been completely torched, another group of naive arsonists pops up with Kirnan stoking the fires. :madfire:
it's got more to do with Kansas City/Independence outside of the Mavericks, if not the Wichita Thunder, because of the history of these two markets, and the attempt briefly of having a 2nd team in Missouri, because the Thunder have been on shaky ground....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Keep thinkin' that way, HUTCH.
not if you listen to the KC Fanbase, and those two are equivalent to BOS VS. NY or BOS vs MTL in hockey terms..... the Hunts have more than just the Mavericks and have tried w/ the KC Scouts franchise to expand the sport.... it's a rivalry

elmo13

Jan 18, 2023
If they actually go ahead with this then I won't be shocked to see them talk with that Billings group again who inquired about the Fed after that fictitious league never materialized.

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
it's got more to do with Kansas City/Independence outside of the Mavericks, if not the Wichita Thunder, because of the history of these two markets, and the attempt briefly of having a 2nd team in Missouri, because the Thunder have been on shaky ground....
Huh?

Reactions: Roadhog

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If they actually go ahead with this then I won't be shocked to see them talk with that Billings group again who inquired about the Fed after that fictitious league never materialized.
you've got to realize one thing: any league holds the rights for any franchise/member club.... I think you saw the article and thought it was a done deal.... I ask you has the FPHL been notified of a franchise application for Topeka aka Golden City.... they have not.... it's just a very similar coincidence to any proposed franchise in any league.... unless the league itself announces it it's all chatter.... for example, Manchester loses their franchise at the end of 2019.... it's now 4 years and post pandemic and another league as the NAHL IS has finally stepped in to fill that void in New Hampshire, one of the few states that hadn't had a franchise at any level prior to LA coming there in 2001

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
you've got to realize one thing: any league holds the rights for any franchise/member club.... I think you saw the article and thought it was a done deal.... I ask you has the FPHL been notified of a franchise application for Topeka aka Golden City.... they have not.... it's just a very similar coincidence to any proposed franchise in any league.... unless the league itself announces it it's all chatter.... for example, Manchester loses their franchise at the end of 2019.... it's now 4 years and post pandemic and another league as the NAHL IS has finally stepped in to fill that void in New Hampshire, one of the few states that hadn't had a franchise at any level prior to LA coming there in 2001
It’s nice to see NAHL go to New Hampshire I wonder how long until the snhu arena gets a full time team

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
It’s nice to see NAHL go to New Hampshire I wonder how long until the snhu arena gets a full time team
unlikely, it will be interesting, though, to see if the NAHL will be accepted in Hooksett, rather than Manchester, as the Junior Monarchs have thrived against Twin City on the NCDC and Premier level....

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
unlikely, it will be interesting, though, to see if the NAHL will be accepted in Hooksett, rather than Manchester, as the Junior Monarchs have thrived against Twin City on the NCDC and Premier level....
I didn’t mean NAHL to the snhu arena i wonder if the AHL or ECHL would try to go back to the snhu arena or possibly fphl

elmo13

Jan 18, 2023
This is like trying to read a word salad.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I didn’t mean NAHL to the snhu arena i wonder if the AHL or ECHL would try to go back to the snhu arena or possibly fphl
no, because apparently the same ownership is running those teams.... if you remember, Lewiston eventually restored its Nordiques moniker even though the original NAHL Team was affiliated w/ Quebec (now Colorado)..... so same model as Maine was after seeing how well the L/A Nordiques were received it got folded into the NAHL.... It's why the USPHL is on the opposite side w/ the Twin City duopoly in the Thunder I doubt an NAHL team will be allowed that close to an existing team... and the way NSBA is right now entering its 2nd decade of operation, there's been no movement to restore any team to Manchester at any level....

This is like trying to read a word salad.
apparently, you don't understand how a league operates. all franchises or member clubs are leased by the respective ownerships, no matter what league it is.... the Leagues ARE THE ONES who approve or control said franchises ultimately.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Umm I thought the mayor was trying to bring hockey back to the snhu arena
it's gone nowhere...... Worcester did the same thing before attracting San Jose when St. Louis bolted to Peoria.... and now the Blues are back in Springfield and then remember why Worcester/DCU Center was awarded a franchise when the Indians relocated there who are now the Abbotsford Canucks.

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Bridgeport islanders should move to Manchester I know Manchester ECHL franchise was bad but to the point no more hockey at the snhu arena I disagree with the statement Manchester should never get hockey again

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Bridgeport islanders should move to Manchester I know Manchester ECHL franchise was bad but to the point no more hockey at the snhu arena I disagree with the statement Manchester should never get hockey again
no, because the Islanders are owned outright by the parent club.... and you're forgetting the arena in Bridgeport is their prime tenant.... the rumor of Nassau Coliseum now hosting that franchise was quelled when UBS Arena opened at Belmont Park.... it's also why Hartford is where it is since 1997 because the Rangers wanted it closer than Binghamton was despite the age of XL Center

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
no, because the Islanders are owned outright by the parent club.... and you're forgetting the arena in Bridgeport is their prime tenant.... the rumor of Nassau Coliseum now hosting that franchise was quelled when UBS Arena opened at Belmont Park.... it's also why Hartford is where it is since 1997 because the Rangers wanted it closer than Binghamton was despite the age of XL Center
Brigeport doesn’t support there team so why not move them to Manchester

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
the Islanders own their franchise.... already told you that's why Hartford exists and why the Rangers went there in 1997....replacing Karmanos and the now Hurricanes
If the islanders own then and if Bridgeport can’t do good in attendance why not move them to Manchester or bring a another ECHL team back to Manchester or a fphl team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad