Proposal: Fox to TO

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Carolina has a glut of RD. Toronto needs RD. Toronto will go into the post-season, there's a good chance Harvard won't go far. Makes sense to me that Adam Fox will be a good fit in Toronto.

Toronto gets
Adam Fox

Carolina gets
2019 2nd and 3rd picks

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Carolina has a glut of RD. Toronto needs RD. Toronto will go into the post-season, there's a good chance Harvard won't go far. Makes sense to me that Adam Fox will be a good fit in Toronto.

Toronto gets
Adam Fox

Carolina gets
2019 2nd and 3rd picks

The Canes probably value Fox the same as the Leafs value Sandin at this point. Would you trade Sandin for a 2019 2nd and 3rd?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The Canes probably value Fox the same as the Leafs value Sandin at this point. Would you trade Sandin for a 2019 2nd and 3rd?

I dunno, I really can't see Fox trying to work his way into Carolina's roster when he can get NHL salary if he chooses free agency instead.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I dunno, I really can't see Fox trying to work his way into Carolina's roster when he can get NHL salary if he chooses free agency instead.

The Canes are reportedly looking to move one of their dmen for a scoring forward and if they do that might open up a spot for Fox to play on the Canes next season maybe.

If Fox indicates at some point to the Canes that he won't sign with them and will go UFA then the Canes would likely look to move him then but at this point he hasn't so they have no need to try and move this player yet.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Canes are reportedly looking to move one of their dmen for a scoring forward and if they do that might open up a spot for Fox to play on the Canes next season maybe.

If Fox indicates at some point to the Canes that he won't sign with them and will go UFA then the Canes would likely look to move him then but at this point he hasn't so they have no need to try and move this player yet.

Give this poster all the likes.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I thought one reason he was traded is he did not want to play in Canada

Them trading one of the rd gives him room and he’d by ED exempt.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I thought one reason he was traded is he did not want to play in Canada

Them trading one of the rd gives him room and he’d by ED exempt.

I think is what more an east coast thing. I imagine the favourites are Bruins/Rangers if he doesn’t want to stay in Carolina. Kind of like Vesey

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would be a pointless trade for Toronto as I believe Fox wants to play in the USA. Nothing wrong with that, but he limits his options that way.

Besides, Toronto needs someone more proven.

Reactions: bukwas

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Would be a pointless trade for Toronto as I believe Fox wants to play in the USA. Nothing wrong with that, but he limits his options that way.

Yeah. I'm not sure why anyone would think the Leafs would be targeting a prospect to help them in the postseason. They may have interest in a Fox type for the future but not for immediate help.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just a guess here but if he waited this long he probably will opt for free agency

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Agreed. Getting a younger dman would be nice but that dman also needs to have experience, not always easy to come by or cheap. Carolina isn't going for it this year, theres no incentive to move a cheap, young asset out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So thus they will take your low offer instead of one of the higher ones offered by every other team in the league. Gotcha.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What do you think he could fetch unsigned
What makes you think he'll be unsigned?

He has said his goal is to make the NHL as soon as possible. If that's his goal he won't achieve it by waiting until August.

Sorry, your lowball offer would easily be beat by other teams. Offer better value or if you think it's not worth the risk, then walk away from the table.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Toronto gets
Adam Fox

Carolina gets
2019 2nd and 3rd picks
Dumb trade for Carolina. Fox has the potential to be a very good NHL'er. You don't trade that away for crap draft picks unless he tells you he won't sign.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He has said his goal is to make the NHL as soon as possible. If that's his goal he won't achieve it by waiting until August

And by August, it’s August 2020. He’s only a junior, so he’d have to wait until the potential lockout year to go UFA. Or, he can sign this spring after Harvard’s season ends, burn a year this year and another next, and then be RFA coming out of the lockout year. Plus, during the lockout, he can use his ELC money to finish his degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad