Proposal: Fowler to NJ

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I don't see a deal working out, especially not on here.

It's definitely very interesting, because they seem like good trading partners. NJ has an overload of LWs which Anaheim could use, but I don't think they'd be willing to deal any of them right now.

A deal around Cammalleri for Fowler seems like it could work for Anaheim as they are in a win-now mode, but it doesn't clear the salary space they're looking for when they're dealing Fowler. I also don't foresee the Devils being ready to trade Cammalleri right now until the kids are ready.

A deal around Boucher or Blandisi where the Devils are adding is ideal for the Devils but the Ducks have no incentive there. They would be taking a massive risk on those kids to fit in on their team and make a viable impact. Plus, that would likely be a quantity over quality move.

Honestly, I think there is something there between Cammalleri and Fowler. It's a very unique trade though and very risky one for both sides, for various reasons.

Nice call Zippy. I suggested this same scenario a week ago. ANA fans lost it, to some degree I get that, but that's the kinda of guy that would help immediately. Retain 50% of cams salary. I later added on of our LWS to make up for the games Cams will miss. Still think there's something to that

I think we could move cams, sign Hudler to a bloated one yr and get Fowler. And yes HF I know I'm the only one that thinks that.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Nice call Zippy. I suggested this same scenario a week ago. ANA fans lost it, to some degree I get that, but that's the kinda of guy that would help immediately. Retain 50% of cams salary. I later added on of our LWS to make up for the games Cams will miss. Still think there's something to that

I think we could move cams, sign Hudler to a bloated one yr and get Fowler. And yes HF I know I'm the only one that thinks that.

Mike Cammalleri
Height 5.09 -- Weight 185
34 years old
5 million for 3 more years

Last 3 seasons
63 games
68 games
42 games

I wouldn't trade Cam Fowler for Mike Cammalleri even if retained at 50% he is a smaller player who has trouble staying healthy (last time he was healthy enough to play 70 games or more was in the 2008-09 season)

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Mike Cammalleri
34 years old

Last 3 seasons
63 games
68 games
42 games

I wouldn't trade Cam Fowler for Mike Cammalleri even if retained at 50% he is a smaller player who has trouble staying healthy (last time he was healthy enough to play 70 games or more was in the 2008-09 season)

Have to agree with Ducks here. Ana isn't going to trade a 24 year old D for a 34 year old winger/center with health issues. If the Ducks want a player that old I think Hartnell is a better fit than Cam. He's bigger and fits the style more. Plus CBJ is looking to move him from what I understand. Hartnell won't cost Fowler either.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Mike Cammalleri
34 years old

Last 3 seasons Why not add his point totals when you show this?
63 games 26-19-45
68 games 27-15-42
42 games 14-24-38 on a team that was last in scoring

Have to agree with Ducks here. Ana isn't going to trade a 24 year old D for a 34 year old winger/center with health issues. If the Ducks want a player that old I think Hartnell is a better fit than Cam. He's bigger and fits the style more. Plus CBJ is looking to move him from what I understand. Hartnell won't cost Fowler either.

Don't disagree with either one, but my underline and bold from above says what your considering in Hartnell "kinda guy" .

And if your going to compare Hartnell to Cams, post his numbers:

Scott Hartnell
78 games 20-32-52 (15 more games -7 more pts)
77 games 28-32-60 (9 more games -18 more pts)
79 games 23-26-49 (37 more games 11 more pts)

Hartnell does play the heavy game that Ana does so I agree here.
But he is paid .250M less them Cams for same 3 years, so I assume you are asking CBJ to eat about half to take him...no, then you are not talking about comparisons. Also what does CBJ offer additionally (rostered player/prospect)?

I get (continually) that Mike Cams is less durable then ANYONE wants, but don't discount his talent.

Yes I am sure it won't happen, but Ana needs something to happen, and there off-season pickups are hardly whats needed to jump up into next round. They didn't get better, they stayed the same or got worse

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Would love Fowler, but doubt Anaheim would want futures for him. I'd offer 1st 2017 (top4 protected) + Boucher + any prospect not named Zacha, McLeod, and Santini.

A lot of teams could beat that offer, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad