Four out of every five Mark Jankowski NHL goals are nothing short of gorgeous

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Not bad from a kid who was labeled a bust the second his name was called at the draft.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Poor Jagr have to carry his old body around + two busts on his line

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Uh, the fact that he got his own rebound between his legs in a fraction of a second going against the grain (look at his feet relative to the goal line)

NGKm9ad.png

Not just that, but he managed to raise it up about 15-20 inches to get it over the pads and into the net (that's the puck zipping between Wedgewood's catcher and extended left pad)

4lWrOm9.jpg

This all happens so quickly and instinctually that people didn't even notice the details of the goal. But that's gotta be the one of the nicest rebound goals, nay, goals that we'll see this year.

It was a very nice goal.....and if you didn’t see the replays you’d think he just banged in his own rebound, just like the broadcast team.

The thing I find so humorous is if this had been scored by, you know who up north, we’d have to listen to everyone fall over themselves praising the generational skill required to score a goal like that!

But it’s just Jank so it was nothing other than getting his own rebound goal, and there were plenty goals last night more impressive.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It was a very nice goal.....and if you didn’t see the replays you’d think he just banged in his own rebound, just like the broadcast team.

The thing I find so humorous is if this had been scored by, you know who up north, we’d have to listen to everyone fall over themselves praising the generational skill required to score a goal like that!

But it’s just Jank so it was nothing other than getting his own rebound goal, and there were plenty goals last night more impressive.

It's so true with the way hockey media works. Even that Josh Bailey goal from earlier this season probably didn't get enough play because the wrong guy did it.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He seems to be showing somewhat of the promise that Feaster thought he had. Good to see that.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
1 fan = whole fanbase.

Logic.

I am part of that fan base and I wasn’t trying to imply that everyone was like that. What I meant is that the only threads you see on the main board about Flames players are threads like these.

Jankowski is scoring at a pace below 30 points over a whole season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad