Four out of every five Mark Jankowski NHL goals are nothing short of gorgeous

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Scored this one today between-the-legs-and over-the-pad, which inspired this thread:

Followed it up with this one:

Here was his second career goal:

and he followed that one up with this one:

All from a guy whose first NHL goal banked off his jock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Probably wishes he could play the worst team in the league everynight

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Quickly moving up the goal list for the 2012 draft class. Next target on the list to pass: Vinnie Hinostroza.

On pace for 24 goals / 82 games as a rookie - second highest G/GP rate of that draft class. Without any power play time. Won't take long for him to be the second best goal scorer in that draft class after Forsberg, while being a strong two-way centre with ridiculous vision.

Probably wishes he could play the worst team in the league everynight

The Blues?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's tall. He still falls too much. And he glides too much in the offensive and defensive zone too. I picked him as my pre-season Calder pick. Come on JANKO

#FREEJANKOWSKI

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm confused, what in that first goal is supposed to be gorgeous? The fact he got his own rebound?

If that's what constitutes as a pretty goal, we might as well start making a thread for every goal scored for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Kelly

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm confused, what in that first goal is supposed to be gorgeous? The fact he got his own rebound?

Uh, the fact that he got his own rebound between his legs in a fraction of a second going against the grain (look at his feet relative to the goal line)

NGKm9ad.png

Not just that, but he managed to raise it up about 15-20 inches to get it over the pads and into the net (that's the puck zipping between Wedgewood's catcher and extended left pad)

4lWrOm9.jpg

This all happens so quickly and instinctually that people didn't even notice the details of the goal. But that's gotta be the one of the nicest rebound goals, nay, goals that we'll see this year.

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
His first goal against the Coyotes was indeed gorgeous, but the posted clip doesn't show it well, so people may not even realise what's going on.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
His first goal against the Coyotes was indeed gorgeous, but the posted clip doesn't show it well, so people may not even realise what's going on.

I think that's confirmed. Maybe OKG should put in bold font that he scored that between his legs.

For what it's worth, there's pretty much a thread every time a player scores with his stick between his legs. No reason to make an exception in this case. This was a beauty.

And he's the first Flame to be able to pull goalies from one side of the net to the other in close like that second goal (and the fourth video posted, too) since Joe Colborne. But I hope he's better than Joe Colborne.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It was pretty difficult to see

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Only the St.Louis goal was actually close to being 'gorgeous', all the others are pretty average.

Goals are goals though, kid looks solid so far.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
On pace for 24 goals / 82 games as a rookie - second highest G/GP rate of that draft class. Without any power play time. Won't take long for him to be the second best goal scorer in that draft class after Forsberg, while being a strong two-way centre with ridiculous vision.

The Blues?
With his ridiculous vision he's managed 1 assist in his NHL career. On pace for 5 assists this season, pro rated to 82 games.

Reactions: Monabae and Kelly

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He’s done wonders for that 3rd line. If only they could fix the 4th line now....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad