U17: Four Nations Tournament in Romanshorn, Switzerland (13-17 December)

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
I wondered why Freij wasnt included but he Will instead go to Canada with team 18.

We should win against slovakia and switzerland, USA Will be difficult.

Sterner - Zetterberg - Fernström
Olofsson - Pettersson - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Sandberg - Davidsson
Jarbsjö - Toresson - Kulmala

Olsson - Morin
Öhrqvist - Sahlin Wallenius
Vilen - Forslund
Sjöqvist

Too bad Sweden never include underagers at this level…

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wondered why Freij wasnt included but he Will instead go to Canada with team 18.

We should win against slovakia and switzerland, USA Will be difficult.

Sterner - Zetterberg - Fernström
Olofsson - Pettersson - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Sandberg - Davidsson
Jarbsjö - Toresson - Kulmala

Olsson - Morin
Öhrqvist - Sahlin Wallenius
Vilen - Forslund
Sjöqvist

Too bad Sweden never include underagers at this level…
Which underagers would you have included?

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Which underagers would you have included?
Frondell or Filip Ekberg, Frondell has 29 points in 18 games in j18 and Ekberg also 29 but in 16 games, they are going to the j16 camp instead. Both have the same point production Raymond had in his j18 season.

It will be interesting too see how they are doing vs Finland in december if they are included, which they should be.

Reactions: B Boarding

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Frondell or Filip Ekberg, Frondell has 29 points in 18 games in j18 and Ekberg also 29 but in 16 games, they are going to the j16 camp instead. Both have the same point production Raymond had in his j18 season.

It will be interesting too see how they are doing vs Finland in december if they are included, which they should be.
I think Love Härenstam would boost this team. Probably Milton Gästrin and Jacob Ihs Wozniak too. The U16 team would still be competitive without them due to it's depth.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
I think Love Härenstam would boost this team. Probably Milton Gästrin and Jacob Ihs Wozniak too. The U16 team would still be competitive without them due to it's depth.
Ekberg and Frondell is the only 2 i would have on the j17 team. We could probably have 3 others 07 on the team but they need To be in the roster vs Finland.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland won against the states, is the USA team the NTDP team if yes i am surprised…

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Switzerland won against the states, is the USA team the NTDP team if yes i am surprised…
They did indeed send their NTDP team. Good going from the Swiss, group effort. Final score 6-3.

Should note it was a pre-tournament game(which is... Odd), but still.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
They did indeed send their NTDP team. Good going from the Swiss, group effort. Final score 6-3.

Should note it was a pre-tournament game(which is... Odd), but still.
Yeah pretty odd…but a win is a win i guess, especially with our recent results against top nations…

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I caught the replay of the US-Swiss game on the Swiss federation's YouTube page and it was definitely terrible performance from the US team; they were a shadow of the team that was so dominant at the U17 WHC last month.

The biggest issues were definitely on the defensive side, as the coverage and decision making was quite poor. I noticed it at the U17 WHC to a degree, but Emery is a real liability defensively, and I think he was primarily responsible for the first two Swiss goals. Cole Hutson has talent for sure, but he takes some major risks on the powerplay, and got burned by it once here on the Swiss shorthanded goal. Goaltending certainly wasn't where it needed to be either.

Eiserman was pretty invisible, and seems to be on a major cold streak since the U17 WHC; not sure if he's been playing well and just snakebit in the USHL, but he wasn't good here and it was telling that he and Hagens got split up part way through the game. I thought Hagens also had a very poor showing despite the goal. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of the forward group beyond that as of yet; Humphrey's seems to be the best of the next tier but I'm not sure where his ceiling is as a prospect. Perhaps a few others will emerge more consistently over the coarse of the year or take a big development jump next year.

Credit to the Swiss for playing a strong team game and working hard to shut the US offense down while making the most of all their scoring chances. I expect the US team to perform much better once the tournament play starts but they definitely laid an egg in this one.

Reactions: Doothpick

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
USA defeats Sweden 8-2 to kick off the round robin play for them.

Cole Eiserman had 2 goals today

Cole Hutson had 3 points

Hagens had an assist

Reactions: SlafySZN

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Big day for Hagens today. Two goals and three primary assists, Two more goals for Eiserman in a 9-1 win over Slovakia. A rematch with the Swiss on tap tomorrow for all the marbles.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Floorball is very popular in sweden, and Sweden is maybe the best team in the world. What i think is floorball needs to be banned in Sweden. Because that sport is stealing swedish talents We badly need in ice hockey

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Losing to Switzerland today. Sweden probably should send the U16 team for the next international tournament at U17 level... ;)

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I don’t want to get hopes but the swiss winning 3 out of 3 and one against usa and sweden is nice. However i already see all thos players declining next season…

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well, this is a game (and tournament) that Slovakia wants to forget. Double digits just about eludes Sweden in a 9-3 win led by the top line Sterner(0+6), Zetterberg(4+1), Nordlund(2+3).

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Well, this is a game (and tournament) that Slovakia wants to forget. Double digits just about eludes Sweden in a 9-3 win led by the top line Sterner(0+6), Zetterberg(4+1), Nordlund(2+3).
An expected massive talent drought after the exceptional 04 and maybe 05 birth years. But 07s luckily look quite good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad