Post-Game Talk: Fought to get one point back!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I am really proud of the guys! They hung in there and got a point. Really deserved to win this one.

Hats off to Grabovski, Kessel, Phaneuf, McClement and JVR.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Bummer. Pittsburgh got dominated in the 3rd and OT, I think they're lucky to come out with two points here.

Also, the non-calls were far too many.

At least the boys came back after a horrid start.

Reimer also rebounded after a bad first half of the game.

Phaneuf, Kessel, JVR, and Kulemin were SOLID.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Reimer was awful. Not just in the shootout, the last 3 goals were horrible. Kessel played with fire, + we got a point. Take the positives and move on

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
Well **** thats a ****** way to lose after you dominate for the last 45 minutes of the game. A couple bad bounces and tough breaks killed us.

take the positives out of this game though we looked great other than our first period.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Good job to fight back, hammered them in the third. Lots to take from this, plus the point.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Came back from a bad first period to tie it up and get a point.

Hard to be disappointed tooooo much.

To be honest though, I hate to be the one to say it, but the refs blew a lot of calls in the third and OT. Leafs should have easily been on the PP in OT.

A lot of clear cut calls missed.

DaveT83*

great game none the less.

big point - big statement not giving up

Asif16*

I aint even mad. One point baby. Its about time we got in on the loser points

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Don't even care about the stupid shootout loss. Leafs were the better team today and showed how far they've come.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Ok, I'm still on WTF Bozak!? We need a list of people Carlyle has made bizare decisions with so far. What a dumb move.

Lucky to get a point out of this.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
great 3rd period...AND ONE MORE THING, BOZAK NEEDS TO GTFO...he`s the most invisible top 6 center in this league i am sick of him...keep him on the 3rd line for faceoffs and that`s it...kessel needs a real center...

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Good to fight back, but those refs should get some credit for winning the game for Pittsburgh.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Great effort down the stretch. I said in the 2nd period, I'd be thrilled with just one point tonight, and we got that :)

Some missed calls, leafs PP was deadly, Reimer looked extremely shaky on rebound control tonight, and the SO didn't go our way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad