Forwards in the 2012 draft

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
We all know 2012 is the "year of the defenseman" and that as of right now the top 30 is stacked with big D but what about the forwards? I dont mean the top forwards like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Marcantuoni but forwards who could go bottom of the first round and second round, is it a strong year? Who are the guys who could have a strong year next year and move into the top 30?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Brendan Gaunce, Scott Laughton, Zemgus Girgensons, Erik Locke, Jarrod Maidens, Troy Bourke, and Kristoff Kontos.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Brendan Gaunce, Scott Laughton, Zemgus Girgensons, Erik Locke, Jarrod Maidens, Troy Bourke, and Kristoff Kontos.

Locke and Kontos are two guys definetly under the radar.

Some other in Europe could be Filip Forsbserg, Pontus Aberg, I forgot the names of a couple.

Some others not mentioned include Martin Frk, Taylor Burke of the Q and Juhjar Khiara of the BCHL.

Riley Barber, Henrik Samuelsson are some names coming from the USHL to consider also.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
lol.

Is Sebastion Collberg still highly regarded in Sweden? F.Forsberg is having a good U-18's.. but i think he is the only underager on the team right?

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
lol.

Is Sebastion Collberg still highly regarded in Sweden? F.Forsberg is having a good U-18's.. but i think he is the only underager on the team right?

Collberg is just as highly regarded as Forsberg, if not more. They are the two best forward prospects from Sweden and should go anywhere between 10-20 in the first round. Pontus Aberg is also a really nice prospect with amazing speed and a great shot. Of some really weird reason he was left off the U-18 roster now and noone really seems to understand why. Could go anywhere from mid-first to mid-second round.
Frolunda center Erik Karlsson looks like a late first, early second rounder to me. A grittier Zetterberg- light-kind of player.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
it seems to me that Canada is lacking that top teir foward talent in 2012. Marcantuoni is probably the highest ranked Canadian forward but so far it seems like the forward talent is coming mostly from europe...

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
A couple of forwards to watch out for from the QMJHL are Martin Frk, Luca Ciampini, Charles Simard-Hudon, Francis Beauvillier, Taylor Burke and Liam O'Brien to name a few. I'm sure there are some others that people can add.

pouskin74*

Prohorkin is denied by Russian U18 coach but obviously he is quite there with Grigorenko and Yakupov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad