Forwards available in this years draft

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I know everyone raves about the depth of the defense in this years draft and with the likes of Ebert, Dumba, Murray and Reilly who could blame them. However I have a question, whats the forward group like this year. Specifically what kind of forwards are available, I'm a habs fan and always like to have a knowledgeable idea for who they could draft if the season goes belly up.

Obviously I know about Yakupov and how great he is, but who else is available?

And I guess are the forwards available worth a first round pick or is it a lighter year.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Mikhail Grigorenko
Alex Galchenyuk
Filip Forsberg
Matia Marcantuoni
Sebastien Collberg
Andreas Athanasiou
Martin Frk
Brendan Gaunce

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
i know stats dont tell the whole story,but why is Athanasiou rated so high? What kind of player is he?

more of a 2-way player in my opinion

... to the OP, as a Habs fan myself, I'm keeping an eye on Emil Lundberg, big center, offensively gifted, plays good defensive game as well, not the best skater though

member 30781

Collberg will surprise a lot of people this year.

Frk needs to get healthy. Dealing with concussion issues at the moment.

Galchenyuk has also caught the injury bug but I still think he will be a top 10 pick.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Galchenyuk has also caught the injury bug but I still think he will be a top 10 pick.

I feel like he is going to fall because of his injury, and the team sitting at 8, 9 or 10 if he is still available, are going to get the steal of the draft.

Yes I think him falling that much will be a steal.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011

Collberg could be a big riser if the age-racists of Frolunda let him play more than 6 minutes/game. He is good enough to be a contributor to any SEL-team.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Collberg could be a big riser if the age-racists of Frolunda let him play more than 6 minutes/game. He is good enough to be a contributor to any SEL-team.

Don't know if they age-racists, but they have a problem getting any production at all from their juniors lately. Seems strange to me since they have good juniors (won both j-20 and j-18 championships). Some poster with more knowledge about Frölunda like KRM, can tell you if it's just pure coincidense or some other issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad