Recalled/Assigned: Forward Chris VandeVelde loaned to Adirondack (AHL)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
With just over 48 hours to go before the Flyers submit their final opening day roster to the NHL, the club announced that they have loaned forward Chris VandeVelde to their AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms today.

The current roster stands at 24 active players as well as two injured players - Marc-Andre Bourdon and Chris Pronger.

The 26-year-old from Moorehead, Minnesota signed an AHL contract with the Phantoms on Sept. 13 and appeared in four of the Flyers' seven preseason games, going scoreless with two penalty minutes and three shots on goal.

VandeVelde spent the last three seasons in the Edmonton Oilers organization with the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL, posting 26 goals and 33 assists for 59 points in 192 games. He also saw 28 games with the Oilers over that span, recording a goal and two assists.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=684655

SchennSational1022*

Looks like Laughton makes the team for now. I don't agree with it, primarily because I feel they haven't been playing him enough this preseason, especially last night.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I guess Laughton is here for at least 9 games. If he doesn't look great for at least half that I would just send him back. In that time McGinn, Raffl, Cousins and Akeson better be working their ***** off cause I imagine one of them will get the promotion.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Laughton and Cousins are the only ones left, really, right?

I don't think Cousins is still with the team. Meltzer informed me that while Cousins, McGinn and Holmstrom were assigned to ADK they were still eligible to play in the exhibition games. So unless there has been another transaction and Cousins has been re-called it seems he's still in the AHL. In other words it's just Laughton. I'm still not convinced he's gonna stay the entire season but he'll most definitely get his 9 games in.

As of right now it seems to be
Hartnell-G-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmer
Talbot-Laughton-Hall
Rosehill

I imagine the ambiguity regarding the defense will be resolved, at least in some capacity, in the coming days.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don't think Cousins is still with the team. Meltzer informed me that while Cousins, McGinn and Holmstrom were assigned to ADK they were still eligible to play in the exhibition games. So unless there has been another transaction and Cousins has been re-called it seems he's still in the AHL. In other words it's just Laughton. I'm still not convinced he's gonna stay the entire season but he'll most definitely get his 9 games in.

As of right now it seems to be
Hartnell-G-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmer
Talbot-Laughton-Hall
Rosehill

I imagine the ambiguity regarding the defense will be resolved, at least in some capacity, in the coming days.

You forgot Coots, Read, and Rinaldo.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
So Rosehill is now the 12th forward? :facepalm:

Assuming Hall is claimed/is assigned to ADK yeah but that may not be the case, this could just be to move salary around. I think Flyers are looking to move Mez and in that case Hall could stay with the team or perhaps the Flyers get a bottom six forward back. In either case Rosehill would be the 13 forward once again. I can't imagine management would go into the season expecting Rosehill to be taking regular shifts, Homer didn't even do that with Shelly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad